South Street Headhouse District (SSHD) celebrates the Philadelphia Collection with Fashion Under the Shambles, on Tuesday, September 23, 2014, with doors opening at 6:00pm. The Headhouse Square Shambles (200 Pine Street) will be transformed into a giant open-air runway that will showcase men’s and women’s cutting-edge, street styles from 21 SSHD boutiques and salons. America's Next Top Model Finalist Cory Wade Hindorff will preside as master of ceremonies, and architect/couture fashion designer Conrad Booker will debut dazzling new fashion installations. VIP tickets are $25 and include a reserved seat, swag bags, two drink tickets and complimentary hors d'oeuvres. Free general admission is available for standing room only. For tickets and RSVP, visit southstfashion.eventbrite.com. For more info, call 215-413-3713 and follow #SouthStFashion @officialsouthst on Twitter.Read More
Street Fare: Sip, Savor, Stroll brings tasty bites and beverages back to Mt. Airy on Thursday, September 18, 2014, from 6:00pm to 10:30pm. Sip and savor gourmet eats and drinks from 50+ of the region’s best gourmet food trucks and local restaurants stationed along Germantown Avenue, between Sedgwick and W. Mt. Airy Avenue. Stroll the Avenue for family fun, live music and handmade crafts. Street Fare is organized by Mt. Airy USA and annually attracts over 11,000 people. For event updates, visit gomtairy.com, call 215-844-6021, follow @gomtairy on Twitter and like “Go Mt. Airy” on Facebook.
Street Fare will pair award-winning mobile food vendors with notable local restaurants for a night of street eats, craft brews, handcrafted cocktails and wine. Vending spaces for this year sold out in record time. The full list of food and drink vendors is below:
Sweet and savory French crepes
Calle Del Sabor
Voted Philly's Best Tacos
Grilled chorizo with guacamole and latin cole slaw on a soft roll
Ice cream, waffle cones, waffle bowls and ice cream cookie sandwiches
Earth Bread + Brewery
Farm Truck Philly
Farm to table style, seasonally inspired street food. Eclectic menu and accomodates gulten free, vegan, vegetarian
Festival Food Management
Chicken tenders, french fries, funnel cake, lemonade and other beverages
Sweet and savory made-to-order gourmet waffles
Gigi & Big R
Caribbean Soul Food with jerk chicken, fried chicken, fried fish, oxtail- fresh veggies, greens, cabbage, string beans, red beans, mac n' cheese and candied yams.
Herb Scott Catering
North Carolina pulled pork and pulled chicken sandwiches
Jimmies Cupcake Company
Just Jackie's Food Truck
Chef Jacqueline Borelli has competed on Food Networks show Rewrapped. She specializes in using the freshest local ingredients in all of her homemade dishes. Pork Tacos, quesadillas, chicken feta sandwich, seafood burger, beet salad, brie burger melt, smoked brisket BBQ sandwich.
Authentic Indian cuisine
Korean with a twist including Korean tacos with bulgogi, michi rice balls, chicken banh mi style sandwich, and rice bowls with self-serve homemade sauces
Traditional Korean BBQ flavors from scratch with special American twist including Korean Tacos, Korean Cheesesteaks and Bulgogi Burgers
Lil' Pop Shop
Ice-cream and non-dairy popsicles
Mac Mart Cart
Mac n' cheese with gourmet toppings
Milk + Sugar
Fresh-baked and made from scratch sweets.
Polish cuisine with a modern twist
BBQ with a Mexican flare
Nick Merlino Pig Roast
Pork roast (porchetta) sandwiches using Old Italian family recipe, served on homemade foaccacia bread with provolone cheese, broccoli rabe, and long hot peppers
Oink and Moo BBQ
House rubbed and smoked meats using locally sourced ingrediants
Chicken wings, fried fish, corn on the cob, funnel cake and fried oreos
PB and U
Homemade all-natural peanut butter creations, including sandwiches, roasted peanuts, peanut butter snacks, shakes, and smoothies
Pbon Phresh Food
Crab cakes, egg sandwiches, sausage grillers, nauti skewers and smores
Phoebes on Wheels
BBQ pulled prok, beef brisket and all the sides
Chicken wings, burgers and fries
Middle-Eastern inspired food including chicken or lamb over rice, falafel, chicken or lamb gyro, cheesesteak, french fries, burgers, and drinks
Samosa chicken tikka, mango lassi, Thai iced tea, pakora
American comfort food
Specialty macarons and desserts
Sum Pig Food Truck
Gourmet comfort food with buffalo chicken nachos, smoked chicken parfait and pork roll fries
Surf and Turf
Specialty lobster rolls
Sweet Box Cupcakes
Specialty tacos and empanadas
The Cow and the Curd
Fried Wisconsin cheese curds
The Grill Cheese
Vegetarian all grilled cheese sandwiches
The Hot Diggity
Designer hot dogs including the Kimchi dog, Big Dog with different salsa, a chorizo chili dog and assorted house made chips
The Tot Cart
Gourmet tater tots; gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan options available
The Whirly Pig
Roasted whole hog, Cubans, BLTs, Pork Belly, pork cheesesteak and a roast duck sandwich with cheese fries
Trolley Car Diner
Hamburgers, hot dogs, bratwurst, chips, and beer.
Fresh, made-to-order gourmet donuts
Eclectic, seasonal comfort food
Weckerly's Ice Cream
Ice cream flavors will be a mix of late summer ingredients and fresh, autumn flavors
Rustic individual crostatas (walnut, pear, goat cheese), gourmet bread pudding (warm bourbon brown sugar with pecans), artisan ice pops (in seasonal fruit flavors and fun flavors like milk and cereal) and cake balls
Zsa's Gourmet Ice Cream
Seasonally flavored small batch ice cream, sorbet, and ice cream sandwiches that feature local ingredients including dairy from Trickling Springs creamery and house made inclusions & baked goods
FAMILY FUN AND LIVE MUSIC
After enjoying eats and drinks, stroll along historic Germantown Avenue, shop from artisans with handmade crafts organized by Renaissance Craftables. Find a stunning new look inside the Smak Parlour Fashion Truck. Enjoy fun for the whole family inside our Family Area, featuring locally designed temporary tattoos from Mt. Airy-based Kadillac Tattoo, hairstyles from Culture Hair Salon, plus other arts and crafts for the young ones. Entertainment will include live music on two stages from Akil Dasan, Deb Callahan Band, Johnny Showcase, Papo Gely and the Gin Canaries.
“Street Fare is not only a fabulous street festival, it’s a celebration of the continued revitalization of Germantown Avenue,” said Gupta. “Our local neighbors and businesses are excited to play host and the region better come hungry!”
Over 100 top salons and spas in Philadelphia and the Mid-Atlantic region will donate their time, services and 100% of their daily proceeds for the 19th annual “HopeCuts” event to benefit City of Hope. On Sunday, September 14, 2014 (or an alternative date selected by salons), staff come in on their day off and volunteer their time to help cut out cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening illnesses. HopeCuts events and promotions will vary by salon, but may include specially priced services, entertainment, refreshments, raffle prizes and more. Special thanks to Raylon Corporation for serving as this year’s benefactor and parent sponsor). For a full listing of participating salons, please visit www.hopecuts.org and follow @cityofhopephila #hopecuts14 on Twitter. For more information about City of Hope, please call 1-800-344-8169, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.cityofhope.org.Read More
Over 500 students at Emlen Elementary School were greeted with a special “back to school” gift courtesy of Mt. Airy Schools Coalition. On Friday afternoon, the Coalition, along with local government officials, school representatives and community supporters, debuted a brand new computer lab featuring 33 new iMacs to help Emlen’s students engage in technology-infused lessons and become better prepared for the future. Prior to the opening, there were not enough computers in the lab for students to use and existing computers were extremely outdated. In an effort led by the Mt. Airy Schools Coalition, community members raised over $47,000 to provide a new computer lab for Emlen.Read More
Diner en Blanc Philadelphia dazzled the city by popping up on Thursday, August 21, 2014 at the secret location revealed to be the Avenue of the Arts. This year, it was a sea of white as far as the eye could see as 3,500 guests decked out in the hottest white fashions filled Broad Street from Pine and Chestnut Streets. Aversa PR and Events was proud to again be the official public relations company for the local installment of this pop-up picnic, viral movement and global phenomenon.
Special thanks to co-hosts Natanya DiBona and Kayli Moran for including us in one of the city's most memorable events. Their attention to detail, grand vision and love for our city produced an event that will never be forgotten. Congratulations also go out to the 100 volunteers that worked hard to ensure a picture perfect evening. Finally, special thanks to our entire PR team for 2014, including Lauryn Resotka, Gabbi Townsend, Eri Washington and Dash Sears.
They say a picture paints a thousand words. Indeed they do when it comes to a truly viral event! This year, thousands of gorgeous photos popped up around the globe on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instragram, Google+ and other platforms. Search for the official hashtag #DEBPHL14 as well as #dinerenblanc and #debphl. Thanks to our sister cities around the globe for sharing our images and all of your support!
For a recap of our favorite photos from the night, visit our official album below featuring breathtaking shots from Johanna Austin, Hughe Dillon, Charles Mosteller, Alessandra Nicole, Inna Race, Patrick Hagerty, and our staff photographers.
Now in its third year, Diner en Blanc Philadelphia continued to garner interest locally, nationally and internationally. Stories started to go viral 24 hours in advance of the event, and the event trended in Philadelphia for up to 48 hours. Over 100 news stories and mentions included 35 radio and television spots that reached millions of viewers and listeners. Print and online reach nearly doubled that of the year prior, with additional stories to come as we enter September.
For highlights of photo albums, visit the following:
- 6 ABC - Diner en Blanc 2014 in Philadelphia
- Al Dia - Diner en Blanc Takes Over Broad Street
- Mainline Times - Scenes from Diner en Blanc Philadelphia 2014
- NBC 10 - Foodies Enjoy Diner en Blanc
- Philadelphia Business Journal - Diner en Blanc Attracts 3,500 to Avenue of the Arts
- Philadelphia Magazine - G Philly - 22 #GayPhilly Dîner en Blanc Photos You Should See This Week
- Philadelphia Magazine - The Scene - Photos: Diner en Blanc Philadelphia 2014
- Philadelphia Magazine - Wedding - There Were Two Proposals at Philly’s Dîner en Blanc!
- Susan Scovill - 3,500 people attend Diner en Blanc’s dinner on Philadelphia’s South Broad Street
- Philly.com - Diner en Blanc Philadelphia 2014
- Racked Philly - 25 Photos of Jesus, Feather Boas at Last Night's Diner en Blanc Philadelphia
- WHYY Newsworks - Across the city, a 'Diner' for every taste
Special shout-out to Hugh Dillon from Philly Chit Chat for beautiful photos and great recap of the night's festivities:
- Philly Chit Chat - Did I Shoot You? My Diner en Blanc Links and a Few More Photos to Enjoy
Other highlights include the following - please let us know if we missed your favorite. Post any additional stories in the comments for our review.
- Ben FM - Woman of the Week with Natanya DiBona
- CBS Philly - Thousands Flock to Philadelphia's Diner en Blanc
- CBS Philly - Diner en Blanc Returns to Philadelphia This Week
- CBS Philly - Diner en Blanc Philadelphia Announces Date
- CBS Philly - Diner en Blanc to Return to Philadelphia in Summer 2014
- CBS KYW 1060 What's Cooking - Pop Up Picnic, Food Truck Festival and Casino Dining
- Daily News Philly Gossip - Celebrity Mentions at Diner en Blanc
- Eater - Shake Shack Turns Two , Diner en Blanc Sets a Date
- Eater - Diner en Blanc Registration Has Begun
- Her Philly - 5 Tips for a Fantastic Diner en Blanc
- Midtown Lunch Philadelphia - Profile Luncher: Kayli Moran
- PRowl Public Relations - PR and Diner en Blanc
- Philadelphia Business Journal - Diner en Blanc Philadelphia supports local economy
- Philadelphia Business Journal - Diner en Blanc Location Still Secret, But Its Impact on Philadelphia Business is Clear
- Philadelphia Business Journal - Project Runway winner designs dresses for Diner en Blanc
- Philadelphia Business Journal - Organizers respond to neighbors concerns
- Philadelphia Magazine - Foobooz - Diner en Blanc Returns to Philadelphia. Wait List Open NOW.
- Philadelphia Magazine - Foobooz - Win Two Free Tickets to Diner en Blanc… We’ll Even Throw In a Table and Chairs
- Philly 360 - We're Wearing White: Diner en Blanc Comes to Philly Tonight
- Philly.com Philly Insider - Diner en Blanc Sets a Date
- Philly.com Philly Insider - Win Admission to Diner en Blanc Philadelphia
- Philly.com Philly Insider - Get on the Wait List for Diner en Blanc
- Tinsel & Tine - Interview with Amber Cuff of Tulip Clothing Line
- Trend Hungry - Diner en Blanc - 9 Things I Learned
- Uwishunu - Pop Up Dinner Parties in Philadelphia This Thursday
- Uwishunu - Save the Date Pop Up Dinner Party Diner en Blanc Returns
- Yo Philly Foodies - White Hot Party of Summer
- Zagat Philly - Diner en Blanc Sets Date for Most Popular Pop-Up Ever
Leading up to the big day, Diner en Blanc Philadelphia dropped by local television studios for a special preview of the magic. Visit below for our favorite shots from the shoots on Fox 29's Good Day Philadelphia and CBS Philly.
The final destination wasn't the only surprise this year! Co-hosts tapped local talent to design one-of-a-kind fashions for a one-of-a-kind evening. Check out shots from the initial design consultation and subsequent fittings with Project Runway winner Dom Streater.