Hop on down to South Street Headhouse District for some FREE, egg-citing family fun during the 85th annual Easter Promenade on Sunday, March 27, 2016. Come dressed in your Sunday Best and promenade down South Street in this grand and popular tradition that last year drew record crowds. Master of ceremonies Henri David returns to lead the parade from the corner of Passyunk Avenue/South Street down to Headhouse Square (2nd Street). Enjoy Easter treats, live music from the Philadelphia Freedom Band, the Bunny Hop, Mr. and Mrs. Peter Cottontail and much more until 2:00pm. Bring your camera and stick around to meet the Easter Bunny himself, and see who wins the best dressed contests!
Children and adults can enter to be crowned Best Dressed, Best South Street Razzle Dazzle or Best Easter Bonnet – even your pet can win big if he or she is looking spiffy! Celebrity judges will announce the winners in 12 categories, including:
Best Dressed Little Girl (2-5 years)
Best Dressed Little Boy (2-5 years)
Best Dressed Young Girl (6-12 years)
Best Dressed Young Boy (6-12 years)
Best Dressed Teen Girl (13-19 years)
Best Dressed Teen Boy (13-19 years)
Best Dressed Woman (20+ years)
Best Dressed Man (20+ years)
Best Dressed Family
Best Dressed Pet
Best Easter Bonnet
Best South Street Razzle Dazzle
Don't miss this FREE family event, filled with fun and surprises! Come to the District before the Promenade or stay afterwards to enjoy a fabulous brunch at one of our wonderful restaurants or enjoy a day of shopping in our wide variety of stores.
Special Easter brunches will include:
* Bridget Foy's (200 South Street) - Enjoy brunch with your family starting bright and early at 10:00am with the full brunch menu and special Easter day additions. Highlights will include Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes, Shrimp and Grits and Eggs Benedict. Call 215-922-1813 for reservations. Bridget Foy's offers the best view of the parade as the route turns the corner in front of the restaurant from South Street into Headhouse Square.
* Ela (627 S. 3rd Street) - Guests can enjoy a special prix-fixe brunch menu for $30.00 per person starting at 10:00am. Call 267-687-8512 or visit open table for reservations and full menu information.
* Me N Mo Meatballs and More (214 South Street) - Bring the whole family for Easter Sunday brunch and Sunday supper that will feature the regular menu plus menu additions. Enjoy a special three-course meal for $35 including Italian Wedding Soup, Easter oven-baked lamb with roasted potatoes and sautéed escarole, and tiramisu. The full a la carte menu will also be available. BYO with your favorite bottle of wine, or the bar will also be open for those looking for wine, sangria and cocktails. Reservations only for parties of six or more by calling 215-928-3262. Me N Mo is directly on the Easter Promenade route for after the festivities!
* Twisted Tail (509 S. Second Street) - Enjoy Easter brunch in Headhouse Square right next to the main promenade stage from 10:00am to 4:00pm. Twisted Tail will serve a la carte from their standard brunch menu plus offer feature dishes (pan seared banana french toast with fois gras and cinnamon whiskey syrup, thick sliced ham with shelled peas, spring onion biscuits and red eye gravy). Call for 215-558-2471 for reservations.
Also open on Easter Sunday with regular menus:
* Brauhaus Schmitz (718 South Street) - Enjoy selections from the standard lunch menu. Visit open table or call 267-909-8814 for reservations.
*Whetstone (700 S. 5th Street) - Enjoy selections from one of South Street Headhouse District's newest brunches. Look for favorites like Carolina Shrimp and Grits, Duck Confit Hash, Sourdough Pancakes and more. Call Me N Mo is directly on the Easter Promenade route for after the festivities! Call 267-239-0906 or visit Opentable for reservations.
* Pizzeria Stella (420 South Second Street) - Weekly specials and regular menu will be available starting at 11:00am. Call (215) 320-8000 for information.
For more information about the Easter Promenade, visit www.southstreet.com or call 215-413-3713.
ABOUT SOUTH STREET HEADHOUSE DISTRICT
The South Street Headhouse District is a renowned commercial corridor and home to over 400 unique businesses, including some of the best restaurants, retailers, and services in the region. The South Street Headhouse District, home of historic Fabric Row and Philadelphia Magic Gardens, is also one of the top tourist destinations in Philadelphia, with over one million visitors each year. Surrounded by the historic neighborhoods of Society Hill, Queen Village, Bella Vista, and Washington Square West, the South Street Headhouse District is great place to eat, shop, play, and live.