Mt. Airy adds a brunch twist to the classic restaurant week concept! Starting the weekend of April 5th and 6th, Mt. Airy restaurants will present seasonally inspired, three course menus during ‘Mt. Airy Brunch Sessions: Four Seasons of Prix-Fixe.’ Chefs will present off-menu dishes and signature favorites that celebrate the flavors of spring. Sample everything from frisee salad (with crispy pancetta, sliced pear, ricotta salata, mint vinaigrette) to bread pudding French toast (with strawberry-rhubarb compote) to a corned beef hash flatbread. Participating restaurants include Avenida Restaurant, Earth Bread + Brewery, Geechee Girl Rice Cafe, Goat Hollow, Jyoti Indian Bistro, Little Jimmie's Bakery Cafe and Trolley Car Diner. Each prix-fixe meal is $16.00 per person and includes a starter, entrée, side, and choice of coffee or tea. For menus and restaurant information, visit www.gomtairy.com. Stay tuned for the dates of the summer, fall and winter editions of Brunch Sessions.
Mt. Airy Brunch Sessions will offer a cuisine for every palette ranging from American to Indian, Latin American to Southern, comfort to cutting edge. Select restaurants will also offer vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options. The diverse restaurant scene boasts a little something for everyone, including settings like a colonial home, intimate BYO, outdoor gardens and patios, one-room historic school house – and even a retro 50s diner (complete with a trolley car).
Three course menus will feature new seasonal dishes along with existing customer favorites. Chefs will use the flavors of spring for their inspiration. Menus and restaurant information is as follows:
GEECHEE GIRL RICE CAFE
6825 Germantown Avenue
Saturday, April 5th and Sunday April, 6th, 11:00am to 3:00pm
For reservations, call (215) 843-8113. BYO.
* Ginger glazed grapefruit brule. (starter)
* Bread pudding French toast topped with strawberry-rhubarb compote. (entrée)
* Grit cake benedict with fried eggs; house smoked salmon and sautéed asparagus on herbed grit cakes; served with Hollandaise sauce. (entrée)
* South African ginger beer with fresh ginger, orange juice and honey topped with fresh iced tea. (add-on)
JYOTI INDIAN BISTRO
7220 Germantown Avenue
Saturday, April 5th, 11:00am to 3:00pm
No reservations, walk-in only. BYO.
* Samosa with a savory pastry shell filled with peas and potatoes and choice of chutney. (starter)
* Idli and sambar with steamed cakes made out of lentils and rice w/coconut chutney and sambar (spicy yellow dal with vegetables). (entrée)
* Kicharee, featuring a rice and lentil stew with ginger, onions and garlic – a traditional Indian lunch/brunch item. (entrée)
7401 Germantown Avenue
Sunday, April 6th, 11:00am to 3:00pm
For reservations visit avenidarestaurant.com to reserve on-line using Open Table or call (267) 385-6857. Full bar available.
* Mixed greens, panko crusted goat cheese and guava lime vinaigrette. (starter)
* Portuguese muffin, scrambled eggs, bacon and Chihuahua cheese. (entrée)
* Cava Cocktail with Juves y Camps Cava and a splash of grenadine with your choice of guava, orange, mango, blood orange or peach juice. (add-on)
EARTH BREAD + BREWERY
7136 Germantown Avenue
Saturday, April 5th and Sunday, April 6th, 11:30am to 4:30pm
Call (215) 242-6666 for reservations for parties of six or more. Full bar available.
* Breakfast Flatbread with tomato cream cheese base, eggs (scrambled or sunny side-up), cheddar cheese and bacon. Topped with scallions. (entrée)
* Corned Beef Hash Flatbread with cream cheese tomato base, corned beef, potatoes, roasted onions and a fried egg. Finished with fresh parsley and thyme. (entrée)
* Special house drafted, small-batch beer, or housemade wine. (side)
* Served with locally roasted High Point Café coffee.
TROLLEY CAR DINER
7619 Germantown Avenue
Saturday, April 5th and Sunday, April 6th, 11:00am to 3:00pm
No reservations, walk-in only. Over 200 beers available.
* Frisee salad with frisee, crispy pancetta, sliced pear, ricotta salata, mint vinaigrette. (starter)
* Seafood crepe with shrimp, scallop, tilapia, lobster and tarragon cream sauce. (entrée)
* Baked asparagus with a lemon breadcrumb topping. (side)
* Spring pea soup. (side)
LITTLE JIMMIE’S BAKERY CAFE
6669 Germantown Avenue
Sunday, April 6th, 11:00am to 4:00pm
For reservations, call (267) 336-7139. BYO.
* Baked French toast topped with vanilla maple syrup with smoked bacon. (entrée)
* Tomato basil and garlic quiche. (entrée)
* Jimmie’s famous housemade cheddar biscuits. (side)
300 West Mount Pleasant Avenue
Saturday, April 5th and Sunday, April 6th, 10:30am to 3:00pm
For reservations, visit goathollow.com, use Open Table OR call (267) 428-5672. Full bar available.
Menu to be announced including the debut of a Seafood Bloody Mary.
Mt. Airy Brunch Sessions will return every quarter. Watch for dates in summer, fall and winter. Restaurants will be adding on special events and promotions with the series that may include art, pop-up shops, music, prizes, family activities and more. For future dates, visit www.gomtairy.com or call 215-844-6021.
COME FOR BRUNCH, STAY FOR THE DAY!
Enjoy Philadelphia’s village in the city. CNN Money’s “Best Big-City Neighborhood” is a diverse and welcoming community that melds sophisticated sensibilities with a laid-back lifestyle. From an emerging restaurant scene to beautiful historic homes, from a bustling business district to the scenic trails of the great Wissahickon, Mt. Airy is the neighborhood that has it all.
Before or after your Brunch Sessions, enjoy the Northwest’s historic treasures, outdoor adventures and fun for all ages. From Forbidden Drive to a network of trails, there’s always a new path to discover on a trip to the Wissahickon. Enjoy rock climbing, horseback riding, biking, fishing, bird watching, feeding the ducks, picnicking and much more. Journey to the past and discover living history. Discover a Quaker safe house for runaway slaves on the Underground Railroad. Wander throughout the residential streets and admire more than 250 years of architectural history. Venture into historic houses that are open to the public. Sip on sangria inside an 18th century estate or enjoy a Dickens production in a restored Victorian mansion. Let your night at Street Fare be the first of many visits for all these treasures. For specially designed itineraries, visit www.gomtairy.com/visiting
ABOUT MT. AIRY USA
Mt. Airy USA is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to preserve, empower, and advance a vibrant and diverse community by stimulating development responsive to Mt. Airy. Go Mt. Airy -- an initiative of Mt. Airy USA -- seeks to promote area businesses and the greater community. For more information about the organization and its initiatives, please call 215-844-6021 or visit www.gomtairy.com.