Ms. Goody Cupcake, 1838 East Passyunk Avenue, raises a cupcake to two great years on East Passyunk Avenue. In celebration of the bakery's anniversary this week, baker/owner Gigi Andrew announces daily summer specials and the return of Cupcake Happy Hour. Featured items include Cake Shakes, Cheesecake Lollipops and housemade dog treats. For more information, call (215) 334-2253, visit msgoodycupcake.com, tweet @msgoodycupcake or like Ms Goody Cupcake on Facebook.
CHEESECAKE LOLLIPOPS (Daily)
Enjoy a modern spin on a South Philly classic! Cheesecake lollipops feature cheesecake squares dipped in chocolate, featuring a family recipe passed down through the generations. Varieties include Turtle (Pecan, chocolate, pecan) Raspberry Swirl and Traditional Italian. This new menu addition is only $1.00 each through Labor Day.
EVERYBODY’S TRUFFLIN’ (Tuesdays)
Every Tuesday through Labor Day, enjoy six free cake truffles when you purchase six at full price ($5.70). Shuffle your way down the Avenue with these irresistible two-bite treats that are coated in chocolate and topped with sprinkles, nuts and/or candy drizzle.
(TAIL) WAGGING WEDNESDAYS (Wednesdays)
Man’s best friend needs a mid-week pick me up too! Housemade dog treats are a new permanent addition to the Ms Goody Cupcake menu. On Wednesdays, come sample treats with a buy one, get one sale. Flavors, shapes and varieties change by the week, but can include Peanut Butter Pups, Cinnamon Paws, Cherry Pop Tarts and Yogurt Cannolis. All are made in small batches with fresh ingredients. Prices vary by variety.
SHORE SPECIAL (Thursdays)
Don’t show up empty handed when you get to the beach! Stock up and save for the shore with a cupcake six pack for only $12.00 (regularly $16.00 to $18.00). Special valid on any varieties in stock.
CUPCAKE HAPPY HOUR (Fridays)
Ms Goody Cupcake puts a sweet spin on an afterwork tradition with Cupcake Happy Hour. Boozy cupcakes will be sold for $2.00 between 4:00 PM and 7:00 PM. The lineup will include one special flavor, plus Pretty in Pink and Strawberry Margaritaville. All cocktail-inspired cupcakes can also be custom ordered as a full size cake. The full menu and schedule is listed below:
* Pretty in Pink (Weekly) – Pink champagne cake with pink champagne infused buttercream, topped with white pearls
* Strawberry Margaritaville (Weekly) – White cake with fresh strawberries infused with tequila and lime, tequila and lime buttercream, edged in green sugar, topped with fresh strawberries
* French Kiss Martini (August 2nd) - White and raspberry swirl cake infused with Chambord, Peach Schnapps whipped topping, topped with a chocolate Kiss candy
* Appletini (August 9th) - White cake infused with a house recipe Appletini cocktail, Apple Pucker buttercream, topped with a maraschino cherry
* Peach Ciroc (August 16th) - White cake baked with fresh peaches soaked in Peach Ciroc, buttercream infused with Peach Ciroc, topped with an orange candy slice
* Pina Colada (August 23rd) - Pineapple cake infused with coconut rum, rum cream cheese buttercream, edged in coconut, topped with a pineapple slice and cherry
* Lemon Drop (August 30th) - Lemon cake infused with vodka, lemon buttercream, edged in yellow candy sugar, topped with a tart lemon wedge
SOUTH PHILLY SHAKE UP (Saturdays)
Step in from sidewalks of South Philly heat and escape the heat with a Cake Shake! Enjoy a thick, cold milkshake using vanilla or chocolate ice cream, and your choice of any cupcake in the bakery. Top pairings have included Elvis with vanilla ice cream (vanilla, banana, peanut butter, bacon and chocolate), Pina Colada with vanilla ice cream (pineapple, coconut, vanilla, cherry and rum), and Banana Split with chocolate ice cream (Banana, pineapple, strawberry, whipped cream, chocolate, hot fudge). Normally priced between $6.00 and $6.50 each, Cake Shakes are only $5.00 on Saturdays in the summer.