Fly School Circus Arts announces the opening of Philadelphia's first permanent outdoor flying trapeze school at 5th and Cecil B Moore, on the edge of Old and New Kensington. Two hour lessons for adults and children (ages six and up) will be available on weekdays and weekends, up to three times per day, now through early November. Fly School celebrates its first fall season in the city with "Fall Flying Fest" promotions, events and theme weekends. The high flying fun starts on grand opening weekend, October 4-6, 2013, with $5 off lessons, complimentary refreshments and an open house "beef and beer" on Saturday, October 5, from 3-5pm. Food will be provided by Nick's Roast Beef in Old City District.
“Fly School Circus Arts got such a great reception during the Philadelphia International Festival of the Arts and we wanted to harness that energy and excitement," said Fly School Circus Arts Executive Director Mary Kelly Rayel. "We are thrilled to open up a new space in the heart of the city and become part of a growing and rising community. Over the next year, we look forward to partnering with other organizations and business owners in Kensington, Fishtown, Northern Liberties and beyond.”
Adults and children (ages 6 and up) are invited to celebrate the empowerment, confidence and freedom found in doing the unexpected. Two hour lessons will run up to three times daily on weekdays and weekends through early November (weather permitting). Classes are $60 for a two-hour lesson. Ten person class maximum. Book an entire class foor ten for only $540. Frequent flyers can buy a class card for $295 for six classes.
students of various ages and abilities will soar through the air on a
full-scale flying rig. Students will learn all the techniques of this art
form – including take-off from the platform, the swing, the transfer to the
catcher, and the drop to the net. Classes are open to students six years
old and up. The weight limit is 250 lbs. All participants will be fully
harnessed in the air. Some weather conditions may be a cause for rescheduling
by the instructors. Cancellation is at the discretion of the instructors.
"Flying trapeze lessons encourage you to overcome challenges, fly in the face of limitations and try something you never thought possible,” said Rayel. “In our classes we constantly strive to give our students the feeling that they are rising above their own perceived limitations and others expectations. Our trained instructors provide a motivating and inspirational atmosphere where you can tap into your inner courage, sense of trust and attention to detail.”
Fly School's move to their new home arrives just in time for the school's first fall season in the city. In celebration, Fly School will celebrate "Fall Flying Fest" with various theme weekends, promotions and events.
Fall Flying Fest:
* Friday October 4 through Sunday October 6 - Grand Opening (Save $5 off all lessons, free beverages, open house)
* Saturday October 5 - Beef and Beer Community Open House (3-5pm, free food provided by Nick's Roast Beef in Old City, beer samples for 21 and up, kids' pumpkin painting, fall cupcakes from Ms. Goody Cupcake, watch flying trapeze in progress, prizes, more to be announced)
* Saturday October 12 and Sunday October 13 - Super Fly "Knee" High Weekend (show us your favorite knee high socks, the bolder and more olorful the better, group photos will be taken for social media)
* Saturday October 19 and Sunday October 20 - Wicked Witch Weekend (all students will enjoy free witches brew cider and recieve free witches hat as a souvenir) cackel social
* Friday October 26 and Sunday October 27 - Annual Halloween Costume Weekend (long-standing trapeze tradition where students and instructors are invited to fly in their favorite costumes, please use discretion in choices to not interfere with lesson, e-mail if you have a question)
* Thursday October 31 - Halloween Lessons (wear your costumes, enjoy cider and donuts and fly on the scariest night of the year, one of our quickest selling lessons of fall season on sale now)
For bookings and information, visit www.flyschoolcircusarts.com, follow @flyschoolcircus on Twitter and like Fly School on Facebook.