Grab your broomstick and fly around East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District (EPABID) during the fourth annual Witch CRAFT Beer Crawl on Wednesday, October 23, 2013, from 5:30pm to 9:30pm. Enjoy seasonal craft beers bubbling up in cauldrons at a record-setting 14 bars and restaurants. Tickets are $6.66 and include $3.00 craft beers, a witch hat and a Witch CRAFT stamp card. Earn a stamp by purchasing a craft beer, food or other beverage at participating locations. Collect five or more stamps to be entered to win a gift certificate prize package worth $350.00. Scare up your finest witch’s garb for a chance to win title of “Witch of East Passyunk” and “Most Original Costume.” Passyunk Gardens will cast its own spell with natural witches brew and other tricks and treats. Registration takes place at newly opened Garage (1231 EPA) from 5:30pm -7:00pm. Thanks to Witch CRAFT sponsors Boston Beers, Origlio Beverage, Drink Philly, Philebrity, Pretzel Crisps, UBER and Yelp. Tickets are on sale now at www.bit.ly/passyunkwitch. Proceeds benefit EPABID's cleaning and greening programs.
Cast your spell at a record-setting number of bars and restaurants this year, including:
- Adobe (1919 EPA) - Sam Adams Octoberfest
- Birra (1700 EPA) - Boston Beer Imperial Stout (limited release)
- The Bottle Shop (1837 EPA - Fat Jack Double Pumpkin
- Cantina Los Caballitos (1651 EPA) - Sam Adams Black Lager
- Garage (1231 EPA) - Grumpy Monk Triple (limited release)
- Le Virtu (1927 EPA) - Six Point Sweet Action Ale
- Lucky 13 (1820 EPA) - Angry Orchard Cider and Ruby Mild English Ale
- Noir (1909 EPA) - Chocolate Squirrel Brown Ale
- Paradiso (1627 EPA) - Ommegang Dubbel
- POPE (1501 EPA) - Harvest Pumpkin Ale and surprise one-of-a-kind Hopped Ale Firkin
- Ray's Happy Birthday Bar (1200 EPA) - Sam Adams Lager (bottles)
- South Philly Bar & Grill (1235-37 EPA) - Sam Adams Octoberfest and Blue Moon Harvest Pumpkin
- Stateside (1536 EPA) - Fat Jack Double Pumpkin and surprise one-of-a-kind Hopped Ale Firkin
- Stogie Joe's (1801 EPA) - Traveler Beer Company Pumpkin
New additions to the Crawl this year include a costume contest, and tricks and treats along the Avenue. Scare up your finest witch garb as one lucky winner will enjoy $140 value restaurant/bar certificates plus the title of "Witch of East Passyunk" for Best Witch Costume. A special prize will also awarded for Most Original Costume. Passyunk Gardens (1304 EPA) will entice with natural witches brew. During the enchanted walk along the Avenue, find Pretzel Crisp Samples and other tricks and treats.
Witch CRAFT Beer Crawl is 21+ only. Please drink responsibly. East Passyunk Avenue is easily accessible by SEPTA via the Broad Street Line and several bus lines. Taxis are accessible on Broad Street, or bartenders can call one for you.
East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District is home to over 150 independently-owned shops and restaurants. For more information, like East Passyunk Avenue on Facebook, follow @epassyunkave on Twitter, pin East Passyunk Avenue on Pinterest or visit www.visiteastpassyunk.com.