The fine gents at Sassafras Bar (48 S. 2nd Street, Old City) are giving you four extra reasons to day-drink during tomorrow’s winter storm. Sassafras will be open in Philly during the storm!
Stop by starting at 11:30am to preview four new hand-crafted cocktails created by lead mixologist Neill Laughlin. Mascot John Deer will be dressed in his Valentine’s finest to preside over the shenanigans! Cocktails will continue to pour for Valentine’s Weekend on Friday and Saturday.
Snow Day and Valentine’s Specials:
- Lavender Champagne -- Dried lavender will be transformed into a simple syrup, mixed with champagne, and served with a sprig of lavender. $6.00 Thursday, Friday, Saturday
- Chocolate Orange Dream Cocktail -- Stoli Orange and Godiva Dark Chocolate are topped with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. $7.00 Snow Day Special on Thursday, $9.00 Friday and Saturday</span><br></span>
- Rainbow of Love Cocktail – Dry Gin, Cointreau, chilled pineapple, orange juice and grapefruit are topped off with champagne and a strawberry. $7.00 Snow Day Special on Thursday, $9.00 Friday and Saturday
- Winter Love – Malibu Coconut Rum, White Crème de Cacao and Kahlua are topped with warmed whipped cream and chocolate shavings. $7.00 Snow Day Special on Thursday, $9.00 Friday and Saturday
In addition to the above special cocktails, Sassafras will be serving up Sassafras signature Smoking Bishops (featuring slow cooked burgundy wine with nutmeg, grapefruit studded closes, cinnamon, vanilla bean, anise, whole spice, oranges and a few secret ingredients) and items from the newly launched lunch menu. Comfort food classics popular on recent snow days have included:
- Grilled cheese and tomato soup combo (Homemade creamy tomato soup paired with a sharp cheddar, grilled onion and apricot jam on toasted kaiser bun)
- Beer battered fish and chips with house-made tartar and malt vinegar
- Burgers (sirloin, ostrich, bison, veggie) with lettuce, tomato and onion (add on Gruyere cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon and caramelized onions)