Dim Sum House by Jane G's (3939 Walnut Street) expands its all-day dim sum and signature favorites menu with a special menu of new gluten-free and vegan options! Owner Jackson Fu has seen increased demand and requests for more and more gluten-free and vegan selections and felt a special menu was an important next step for the University City restaurant.Read More
Teddy Sourias and Craft Concepts Group announce the grand opening of Blume at 1500 Locust Street this Thursday at 4:00pm. The owners of BRU Craft & Wurst, U-Bahn, Tradesman’s, Kontrol, Uptown Beer Garden, Finn McCool’s Ale House and Tinsel present a first-of-its-kind stylish, lush and playful new restaurant and natural wine bar designed by the same designer of Tinsel Christmas Pop-up Bar, Anne White of AGW Interiors.Read More
FUEL (http://fuelrechargeyourself.com) announces exciting changes that will make for a faster, fresher and healthier dining experience - all for under $10! Starting this week, Fuellocations (University City, Center City, East Passyunk) will debut 17 new menu additions with all options now being priced for $10 or less. With these additions comes faster service, fresher ingredients and innovative dishes; including the debut of acai bowls, a Tahini smoothie, Toast Boxes, and special menu items by celebrity chef Brian Duffy (of Bar Rescue). Facial recognition ordering kiosks are now installed at the University City and Center City FUEL locations, allowing customers quicker ordering which is key during busy lunch rushes. The kiosks will use facial recognition to identify customers and pull up past orders, allow for credit card ordering and provide visual images of all dishes in one swipe.Read More
Executive Chefs Mike Sultan and Carolyn Nguyen of Revolution Taco, 33rd Street Hospitality Catering and Say Cheese Philly announce a new partnership with Neshaminy Creek's Brewing Company. The duo will debut the 33rd Street Hospitality Kitchen at Neshaminy's newly opened Borough Brewhouse (208 York Rd.) starting on July 5th. The kitchen will serve up a full menu of upscale pub fare to pair with the 30 selections of drafts pouring, including 6 drafts that will be made on location. Food selections will include new dishes designed specially for the Jenkintown kitchen, as well as several signature dishes from the duo's other restaurant and food trucks. Kitchen service will launch on July 5thstarting with dinner service Wednesday through Sundays, with expanded hours and days of operation in the fall. Table reservations for the 149 seat bar and dining room will be available later this summer.Read More
Teddy Sourias and Craft Concepts Group (BRU Craft & Wurst, U-Bahn, Cinder, Tradesman's) announce the return of Uptown Beer Garden to 1735 JFK Blvd. Starting today at 5:00pm, kegs will start to pour for Uptown's third summer season in the heart of Center City. Changes for the 9,000 square foot outdoor pop-up garden will include three exclusive beers brewed specially for Uptown guests, a new and expanded food menu, two chefs behind the giant outdoor grill, expanded bar service, and a new charity partnership with Mural Arts Philadelphia.Read More
Teddy Sourias of Craft Concepts Group (BRU Craft & Wurst, U-Bahn, Uptown Beer Garden, Finn McCool's Ale House) announces a new chef, new menu and the debut of happy hour at Cinder at 1500 Locust Street. The Rittenhouse neighborhood cider/sour bar and artisan pizza kitchen welcomes Oliver Muguia as the new Executive Chef. Munguia debuts his first menu since taking over the kitchen, with over a dozen new dishes including pale ale mussels, arrabbiata wood-fired pizza, duck spring rolls, mojo shrimp and octopus, cherry and chevre salad and mushroom empanaditas. Six of the new dishes will be featured on Cinder's first-ever happy hour that runs Monday through Friday, from 4:00pm to 6:00pm. Happy hour specials include $5.00 appetizers, $8.00 mussels, $3.00 off all drafts, $3.00 off all wines by the glass, plus a featured wood-fired pie of the day. The new dinner and happy hour menus are available immediately. For more information about Cinder, call 267-761-5582, visit www.cinderphilly.com, follow @cinderphilly on Twitter and Instagram, and like Cinder on facebook.com/cinderphilly.Read More
P’unk Burger celebrates the 10,000 organic hamburger served at 1823 East Passyunk will the debut of new menu items and announcement of new partnerships.
Starting today, burger lovers are invited to try two tasty new burgers that will stay on the menu through at least the end of June (if not longer):
- BFGB/ Big Fat Greek Burger ($11.95) - P’unk Burger partners with Bitar’s for an organic lamb burger featuring a smashed falafel, tzatziki sauce, cucumber and red onion. Jason and Marlo Dilks collaborated with long-time colleague Amin Bitar on this Middle Eastern influenced burger. The three have always wanted to collaborate together, as SliCE (owned by the Dilks) is located across the street from Bitar’s at 9th and Federal.
- Jalapeno Burger ($11.95) - For another collaboration with 1732 Meats, P’unk Burger tops an organic beef burger topped 1732’s jalapeño bacon, and adds jalapeño jack cheese, cilantro and house-made pico de gallo. The Jalapeno Burger debuted in mid-May and is extended through June as it is the number one selling burger on the specialty menu.
As summer hits East Passyunk, P’unk Burger has the perfect solution to keeping cool. Sip on a new milkshake created with help from two East Passyunk neighbors.
- Blueberry Cardamom Pie Shake ($6.95) - P'unk Burger bakes up the perfect way to cool off with vanilla ice cream mixed with locally sourced blueberry cardamom preserves from Green Aisle Grocery, mixed and topped with fresh baked pie crust from neighbor Chhaya Cafe.
For those looking for a lighter option, P'unk Burger debuts the first monthly signature salad:
- Seared Ahi Tuna and Seaweed Salad ($11.95) - Seared Ahi Tuna with P'unk seasoning, on top of house-made seaweed salad, on top of bibb lettuce with fresh avocado and edamame, served with sesame ginger dressing
On top of the above monthly offerings, P'unk Burger officially debuts the following two items on the permanent daily menu:
- Vegan Pulled Portobello Sandwich ($9.95) - The city's newest and most unique vegetarian option includes pulled portobello with P'unk sauce, onion, tomato, sweet potato fries and veganaise slaw
- Reanimator Red Eye Milkshake ($6.95) - Little Babies non-dairy ice cream made in partnership with Reanimator Coffee will give you a real jolt! Scoops and floats also available.
Outside of the new offerings above, other changes at P'unk Burger since opening in February include:
- Charity partner for June for the arcade game is Theatre Exile
- Hours are now extended until 3am on Fridays and Saturday for take-out, dine-in and now delivery
- Sidewalk seating is now open for the summer with 6 cafe tables
- All seating (inside and out) is now table service
- Reservations can now be made by calling (215) 468-7865
F or more about P'unk Burger, visit www.punkburger.com, tweet @punk_burger, follow P'unk Burger and instagram @punk_burger.
Recently appointed Executive Chef Christina DeSilva announces her first menu since taking leadership in the kitchen at Taproom on 19th. The new menu features upscale pub fare, bar snacks, must-try entrees and desserts, and includes several vegetarian options. Taproom on 19th is located at 2400 South 19th Street. For more information about Christina, the new menu or other exciting things to come, visit www.taproomon19th.com, call 267-687-7817, follow @TaproomOn19th or like Tap Room on 19th on Facebook.Read More