Forget the cookies and milk! This year, St. Nick is getting his holly jolly on with seasonal craft beer and merry cocktails during “Spirits & Suds with Santa Bar Crawl,” on Wednesday, December 11, 2013, from 5:30pm to 9:30pm. Enjoy $3 seasonal craft beers, $4 merry cocktails and $5 discounted snacks (select locations) at 14 award-winning bars and restaurants along East Passyunk Avenue. Five dollar admission also includes a Santa or Elf hat, and a Santa’s Sipping Stamp Card. Collect five or more stamps to be entered to win a gift certificate prize package worth $350.00. Registration will be held at South Philly Bar & Grill (9th and Wharton) from 5:30 to 7:30pm. Stamp cards will be collected at Noir (1909 EPA) at 9:30pm. “Spirits & Suds with Santa” is presented by East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District and sponsors Drink Philly, Jim Beam, Origlio Beverage and Yelp. Advance tickets are on sale now for only $5.00 at www.visiteastpassyunk.com. All proceeds will benefit local needy families this holiday season through East Passyunk Crossing's holiday giving program.
Participating bars and restaurants and their food and drink menus include:
* Adobe Cafe (1919 EPA) - Sam Adams Winter Lager, Santa's Hornitos Margarita (red), $4 Mexican fries and $5 burritos
* Birra (1700 EPA) - Sly Fox Christmas Ale, Jim Beam Black Cocktails + $3 jumbo plain slices and $4 jumbo pepperoni slices
* Bottle Shop (1837 EPA) - 21st Amendment Fireside Chat, Warm Mulled Yuletide Hard Cider and $5 BBQ pulled pork sandwiches
* Cantina Los Caballitos (1651 EPA) - Great Lakes Christmas Ale and Hornitos Respado Cranberry Margaritas
* Garage (1231 EPA) - Abita Xmas Draft, Pickle Back Shooters and $3 hotdogs
* Le Virtu (1927 EPA) -Last Chance IPA + "Botta" (Jim Beam Honey, super punch, lemon & lime) and "Borbone" (Jim Beam Black, Solerno blood orange liqueur and soda)
* Lucky 13 (1820 S 13th Street) - Harpoon Winter Warmer, "Alexander Young" (Jim Beam cocktail) and $3 vegetarian or meat pita pizzas
* Noir Philadelphia (1909 EPA) - Troegs Perpetual IPA, Jim Beam & Ginger and $5 Poutine (Montreal-style fries with squeaky cheese & sausage gravy) and wings
* Paradiso (1627 EPA) - Ommegang Wit, Manhattan (Jim Beam Black, muddled blood orange, blackberry & sweet vermouth) and $5 bar menu
* Pub On Passyunk East (1501 EPA) - Sly Fox X-mas Ale, "On Dasher!" (Jim Beam Honey, cider, dash of bitters, ginger ale) and $3 chili dogs
* Ray's Happy Birthday Bar (1200 EPA) - Harvest From the Hood and shots of Hornitos Tequila
* South Philly Bar & Grill (1235-37 EPA) - Sam Adams Winter Lager, Red Stag & coke, "Poinsettia" (Pinnacle Vodka, Champagne & cranberry) and $5 cheesesteaks
* Stateside (1536 EPA) - Yards Tavern Ale and "Santa's Little Helper" (Jim Beam Black, Amaro & Port wine)
* Stogie Joe's (1801 EPA) - Sierra Nevada Celebration, Tiramisu Martini and $5 meatball sandwich.
“Spirits & Suds” is 21+ only. Please drink responsibly. East Passyunk Avenue is easily accessible by SEPTA via the Broad Street Line and several bus lines. Taxis are accessible on Broad Street, or bartenders can call one for you.