South Street Headhouse District (SSHD) presents a new fall festival with tricks and treats for adults and children of all ages. PumpkinFest takes over Second Street's Headhouse Plaza between Pine and South Streets, on Saturday, October 31, 2015, from 12:00pm to 5:00pm. Live music, shopping, seasonal bites and brews, football bungee challenge, straw bale maze, circus performances, horse and wagon hay rides, face painting and more. South Street businesses will open their doors for trick or treating (children 12 and under) from 3:00pm to 5:00pm. PumpkinFest is free, with food, drink and shopping pay-as-you-go. For more information, visit www.southstreet.com, follow @officialsouthst on Twitter or call (215) 413-3713.
PumpkinFest is a new twist on South Street Headhouse District's past fall festivals. This year, look for big adventure, more entertainment and the neighborhood's first formal trick or treating in many (many) years.
Entertainment and festivities will include:
* Horse and wagon hay rides around the cobblestone-lined streets that make up Headhouse Plaza.
* Football challenge competitive game where players pull bungee-style against each other while trying to score a touchdown!
* Get lost in the middle of South Street's first straw bale maze. Just make sure to get out before the scarecrow finds you.
* Philadelphia School of Circus Arts/ Airplay Entertainment will perform amazing aerial feats plus show off some ghoulish ground tricks. Shows at 1:00pm, 2:00pm and 3:00pm.
* Open-air shopping with crafters, retailers and vendors from around the District and region. Early vendor list includes: Metana Jewelry, Imaginactions, Tradestone Confections, Little Marrakesh Bazaar, Crooked Curiosities, Blacqskirt, Beaucycled and Useful & Beautiful Handmade.
* Live music featuring Black Horse Motel and Jay Skull in Spades.
* Thriller lessons at 1:00pm from Society Hill Dance Academy.
* One Warm Coat drive for coats in advance of winter season.
* Make and take crafts for children including coloring your own trick-or-treat bags, make your own Day of the Dead Masks (for the parade on Sunday November 1, 2015 at 1:00pm), and pumpkin painting.
For the first time in years, South Street Headhouse District businesses will formally open their doors to welcome all the boos and ghouls dressed up in costume. Pick up your list at PumpkinFest and look for four foot ghosts hanging outside all participating businesses. Children should be 12 and under, and be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
All activities are free and open to the public.
Visitors are encouraged to extend their outing and take advantage of the local South Street Headhouse District restaurants, shops and galleries that are running specials to coincide with the day’s festivities.
For schedule updates and additional activities, visit www.southstreet.com, follow @officialsouthst on Twitter or call (215) 413-3713.
ABOUT SOUTH STREET HEADHOUSE DISTRICT
South Street Headhouse District is a renowned commercial corridor and home to over 400 unique businesses, including the city's best boutiques, designers, artists, retailers, restaurants and services in the region. The district one of the top tourist destinations in Philadelphia, with over one million visitors each year. Surrounded by the historic neighborhoods of Society Hill, Queen Village, Bella Vista, and Washington Square West, the South Street Headhouse District is great place to eat, shop, play, and live. For more information, call 215-413-3713, visit SouthStreet.com, follow @officialsouthst on Twitter, and like South Street HeadhouseDistrict on Facebook.