Lord & Taylor Bala Cynwyd (City and Belmont avenues) presents their inaugural charity shopping day to support 11 Philadelphia non-profits. On Tuesday, November 4, 2014, from 9:00am to 11:00pm, come out and "Shop Chic and Make It Count" with a full day of shopping, styling, pampering, family fun, live music, food and sips, and other surprises. Tickets are only $5.00 each and entitle participants to 25% off a single item, a 15% savings pass and 10% off cosmetic savings. Tickets are available from participating charities, in the store (day of event) or by calling Aversa PR at (215) 840-9216.
"Shop Chic and Make It Count with Lord & Taylor as we help 11 charities making a difference in our Philadelphia and Mainline communities," said Lord & Taylor Bala Cynwyd Store Manager Christine Daly. "We're excited to give back to our local community while saying thank you for supporting the store since 1955. The nation's top beauty and fashion experts will be on hand, plus live music, local sips and nibbles, and even a performance from the Mummers. Don't miss our party to support so many great causes."
Festivities and entertainment for November 4th will include:
- Breakfast bites and complimentary mimosas, plus strolling musicians (9:00am to 10:30am)
- Complimentary chair massages by Eviama Life Green Spa and Boutique (10:30am to 1:00pm)
- Special live performance by the Gin Canaries (12:00pm to 2:00pm)
- Complimentary hors d'oeuvres for lunch and dinner (12:00pm to 2:00pm, 5:00pm to 7:00pm)
- Free Young Rembrandt's art lessons for little ones (3:00pm to 5:00pm)
- Storytelling by Rachee Fagg, Head of Children Services from Lansdowne Public Library (3:00pm to 4:00pm)
- RJ Lewis will razzle dazzle with magic and comedy (3:00pm to 7:00pm)
- Visit from St. Joe's Hawk and cheerleaders (6:00pm)
- Ferko String Band performance (6:00pm)
- Meet and greet with Woman of the Week host Marilyn Russel from Ben FM
- Meet and greet with Marisa Magnatta from WMMR Preston and Steve
- National makeup artists from Dior and Borghese
- Walk-up signature services from Bobbi Brown, Lancome, Kiehl's, Clinique and others
- Expert stylists from BCBG/Max Azria, Buffalo/David Bitton, Guess, Ralph Lauren, Wacoal
- Custom engraving services by the Prestige Collection of Fragrances
- Preview exclusive holiday collection from William Rast
- Meet an emerging American designer and preview their collection
- Expert fittings by Wacoal for Support Fit for the Cure
- Cupcakes from Wonderland Cupcakes, plus bubbly, beer tastings, other treats
- Settlement Music School performance
- Just added: Julia Stanger, Senior Designer at Lord & Taylor, and designer for 424 Fifth label will be available for consultations (12:00pm to 2:00pm)
- Just added: Book signing "Embrace Your Legacy Now" with Barbara Shaiman (2:00pm to 5:00pm)
- Just added: Villanova Wildcat appearance (10:00am to 11:00am)
- Just added: Dancers from Gwendolyn Bye Dance Center live performance
Please confirm the final line-up the week of the event, as some activities may change or times may be updated. Lunch tastings and live music is provided courtesy of sponsor Tompkins VIST Bank.
Tickets are only $5.00 each and one hundred percent of the ticket sales go to the below charities:
* Adopt a Pig is a program designed to help children and their families cope as they face their greatest challenge, fighting cancer. Proceeds benefit a variety of support services for patients and their families. For more info, visit www.adoptapig.org
* Boys Latin Charter School is committed to fostering our students’ success through college graduation by placing the focus on a strong academic foundation. The school nurtures a community of young men who value academic success, hard work, and the development of their intellectual, moral, social, creative, and athletic potential. For more info, www.boyslatin.org or call (215) 387-5149.
* Cancer Support Community Greater Philadelphia ensures that all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action, and sustained by community. CSC provides a comprehensive professional program of social and emotional support and education designed to enhance the mind, body, and spirit of people whose lives have been affected by cancer at no cost to participants. For more info, call (215) 879-7733 or visit www.cancersupportphiladelphia.org
* Eldernet of Lower Merion enables frail elderly and disabled clients in Lower Merion and Narberth to live in dignity and safety in their own homes for as long as possible. Through volunteers, social workers and collaborative efforts, ElderNet provides free medical transportation, friendly visiting, telephone reassurance, odd jobs, social work assistance, and a food pantry and wellness nurses to eligible community residents who have low-moderate incomes. For more info, call 610-525-0706 or visit www.eldernetonline.org
* Jewish Relief Agency is one of the region's largest hunger relief programs bringing together 1000+ volunteers of all ages and backgrounds to pack deliver food to over 3,200 low income families in our community. By providing meaningful and fun events attractive to a broad base of volunteers, JRA satisfies our unique desire to take care of each other and do good in the world. For more info, call (610) 660-0190 or visit www.jewishrelief.org.
* Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation works to progressively remove the impact of type 1 diabetes (T1D) from people’s lives until the world is free of T1D. JDRF collaborates with a wide spectrum of partners and is the only organization with the scientific resources, regulatory influence, and a working plan to better treat, prevent, and eventually cure T1D until it is no longer a threat to anyone. For more info, call (610) 664-9255 or visit www.easternpa.jdrf.org
* Kinney Center for Autism at St.Joseph's University educates and trains the autism professionals of tomorrow, while supporting and serving the individuals and families affected by autism today. Not only does the Kinney Center provide a resource for information, networking and advocacy support, but also an academic major and minor curriculum and hands-on training opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students interested in working in the autism field at St. Joseph’s University. For more info, call (610) 660-2170 or visit kinneyautism.sju.edu
* New Covenant Church of Philadelphia is located on the 42-acre New Covenant Campus, which has been placed on the National Register of Historic Places. The campus has the advantage of being one of the few entities with the natural ability and beauty to serve both the church and the larger Philadelphia community. For more info, call 215-247-7500 or visit www.thinkrestored.com
* Paws and Affection, Inc. trains and places amazing service dogs with children with mobility-related disabilities in the Philadelphia area. Founded in 2013, Paws and Affection matches well-adjusted, reliable, and secure dogs with children which increases positive social interactions and reduces stress on the overall family. For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.pawsandaffection.org
* Please Touch Museum strives to enrich the lives of young children by creating learning opportunities through play to lay the foundation for a lifetime of learning and cultural awareness. With nationally recognized programs, Please Touch encourages a safe, diverse place for children of all backgrounds to play. For more info, call (215) 581-3181 or visit www.pleasetouchmuseum.org
* The Junior League of Philadelphia, Inc. is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Founded in 1912, the impact of JLP has contributed over 5 million dollars and 6 million volunteer hours to the Greater Philadelphia Area. For more info, call (610) 645-9696 or visit www.jlphiladelphia.org
Tickets are available directly from any of the above charities, in-store the day of the event, or by contacting Aversa PR at 215-840-9216.
Lord & Taylor Bala Cynwyd is one of only a handful of stores across the country, and the only store in the region, selected to host a charity shopping day. Daly said, "We are so honored and thrilled to be selected for this new program." In addition to ticket sales going back to the charity, the store will also award prize grants ($1,000, $750) to the top two non-profits that sell the most tickets and that have the most people come to the party. Check back during the Shop Chic campaign for schedule updates, photos from promotional events, and to find out how won the bonus grants.
ABOUT LORD & TAYLOR - BALA CYNWYD
Lord & Taylor in Bala Cynwyd stands at the corner of City Line and Belmont avenues, where historic Philadelphia meets the fabled Main Line. Customers are invited to the shops-within-the-shop to be outfitted in legendary American style from many of the country’s greatest designers. Opened with great fanfare in 1955, the store was the first of the prestigious Fifth Avenue stores to open in suburban Philadelphia. It has served the local marketplace longer than any other department store in operation today. The store has seen the likes of Grace Kelly, JFK and other celebrities walk through the doors. In 2012, the landmark building received a multi-million dollar renovation that transformed the store into a breathtaking regional flagship. For more information, call 610-664-7050.
ABOUT LORD & TAYLOR - NATIONAL
Lord & Taylor is an upscale specialty department store that has built a reputation for attentive customer service and high-quality merchandise focused on apparel and accessories. Founded in 1826, Lord & Taylor is America’s oldest department store and one of America’s premier retailers. Today, Lord & Taylor operates 49 full-line stores in 11 states and the District of Columbia, three Lord & Taylor outlet stores, and www.lordandtaylor.com, the company’s online store.