Chef Luke Palladino announces new changes to his weekend brunch at Palladino’s on Passyunk - including Saturday brunch service, five new brunch drinks for $5 and several new brunch dishes. Saturdays and Sundays were meant for sipping on new cocktails that include a new Bloody Mary trio created with fresh seasonal produce (parsnip, pickled tomatillo and long hots) and house-made ingredients. Enjoy a new brunch twist on the “Citywide” with the Caffe Corretto (shot of La Colombe espresso spiked with choice of Sambuca, Strega or Galliano liqueur). Sweet and savory dishes - like Orange-Scented Ricotta Pancakes with Vermont Maple Syrup and Smoked Salmon Bruschetta topped with Poached Eggs – are additions to the menu. Proven-popular brunch dishes remain including Focaccia created with Chef Luke’s innovative toppings. A new fall version features a spicy baked-on sopressata, and each weekend will bring an additional special Focaccia ‘of the week’ made with the freshest, seasonal ingredients. Brunch is now available on Saturday and Sunday from 10:30am to 2:30pm. New menu item information is listed below. Reservations are now available on Open Table or by calling (267) 928-4339.
“I love the change of seasons and fall to me means heartier food and aromatic, earthy flavors,” said Luke Palladino. “I try to create options to please every type of appetite at brunch, so you can find hearty, savory items like our steak and eggs made with wood-grilled beef short rib, or sweet breakfast options like our orange-scented ricotta pancakes.”
BLOODY MARY MENU --
House Bloody Mary - Vodka, tomato juice, LP Secret Salt rim, $5.
New Bloody Mary Trio - $8 each or $12 for flight of all three:
* Tomatillo Mary – Tito’s Vodka, house Worcestershire, tomatillo puree, pickled tomatillo, long hots, antipasto skewer
* Parsnip/Celery Root Mary - Cazadores Blanco tequila, parsnip juice, celery root puree, house Worcestershire and fresh horseradish, antipasto skewer
* LP Mary – Tito’s vodka, house made bloody mary mix, antipasto skewer
UPDATED BRUNCH DRINKS $5 --
* Spaghetti Western - Tequila, blood orange liqueur, fresh lime juice, salted rim
* Mimosa Italiana - Prosecco, fresh-squeezed orange juice
* Caffe Corretto (Citywide Special) Shot of La Colombe espresso spiked with choice of Sambuca, Strega or Galliano liqueur
* Plus House Bloody Mary (above)
NEW BRUNCH DISHES --
* Tuscan Kale Insalata - Shaved apples, spiced pecans, Gorgonzola crema, pomegranate vinaigrette. $12
* Breakfast Sandwich - Toasted brioche, Cotechino sausage, fried egg, smoked Gouda, salsa verde aioli. $12
* Spicy Sopressata - Focaccia stuffed with stracchino cheese, topped with pomodoro, calabrese chili, sopressata & scallions. $18
* Smoked Salmon Bruschetta - Two poached eggs, salmon caviar, dill- salsa verde hollandaise, $14
* Orange-Scented Ricotta Pancakes - Vermont maple syrup. $11 add fresh berries, $2.50
* The Truffle Burger - 8oz. wood grilled burger, balsamic aioli, truffle cheese, fried onions, toasted brioche. $14 add seared foie gras, $14. Add garlic insanity bacon, $2
* Whole Wheat Farfalle - Tuscan kale-walnut pesto, sausage, shaved pecorino stagionato cheese. $18
* Truffle Agnolotti - Foie gras-cognac crema. $21
* Steak & Eggs - Wood-grilled short ribs, house-made worcestershire, two eggs, crisp fingerling potatoes. $21
Brunch is available on Saturday and Sunday from 10:30am to 2:30pm. For more information, please visitwww.lukepalladino.com/Palladinos, visit Open Table, follow @palladinosepx, like Palladino's on Facebook or call (267) 928-4339.
ABOUT CHEF LUKE PALLADINO
Chef Luke Palladino is a graduate of the esteemed Culinary Institute of America (CIA) in Hyde Park, NY and spent many years living and cooking in Italy. From 1997 to 1999, Palladino was executive chef and partner at Venice’s internationally celebrated Ristorante al Covo. Prior to his time at al Covo, Chef Palladino immersed himself in the culture and cuisine of Italy’s varied regions, spending time at restaurants in Rome, Piemonte, Puglia, Fruili, Sicily and Tuscany.
In the United States, Chef Palladino has worked with some of the country’s most respected culinary talent, including Paul Bertolli Jeremiah Towers, Emeril Lagasse and Todd English. Currently, Chef Palladino owns and operates Luke Palladino Hospitality Group, Atlantic City, NJ.