Nick's Bar and Grille (16 S. 2nd Street) announces the debut of their first-ever brunch service, launching this coming weekend. Every Saturday and Sunday, from 11:00am to 3:00pm, the Old City staple will serve up brunch favorites that use their new in-house smoked meats, their signature ground bacon and beef burgers and other variations on popular Philadelphia flavors. As a compliment to the new brunch menu, customers can make it a boozy Sunday by building their own bloody marys for only $6.00. For more info click here.
"After 47 years, brunch is finally served!," said owner Joseph “Joey Dog” Schultice. "After the success of our new smoked menu and updating of the dining room earlier this spring, we wanted to keep evolving and updating our menu and options. For nearly a year we offered a single weekend special that often was brunch related, and customers kept asking for more."
STARING BRUNCH MENU:
- Hot Sausage and Long Hot Omelette with sharp provolone - $9.50
- Loaded BBQ Tots with smothered tots, jalapeno ranch, in-house smoked pulled pork, topped with two fried eggs - $10.00
- Nick's Huevos Rancheros with in-house smoked pulled pork, fried eggs, refried beans, tortillas, house-made salsa - $10.00
- Breakfast BLT Club with bacon, fried eggs nestled inside, tomatoes, lettuce and chipotle mayo - $10.00
- Bloody Mary Burger with signature ground bacon and beef burger, blue cheese, bloody mary spiced ketchup, green olives - $9.50 8 ounce, $7.00 sliders
- Breakfast Burger with with signature ground bacon and beef burger, American cheese, fresh fried egg - $9.50
- Breakfast Cheesesteak with crumbled bacon, choice of cheese, fried eggs - $9.50
- Rotating Share Plates that will change every weekend and are sized for two to four people.
- Italian coffee with Amaretto and Frangelico, topped with whipped and hazelnut cinnamon - $7.00
- Irish coffee with Jameson, topped with whipped cream, and drizzled with Creme de Menthe - $7.00
BUILD-YOUR-OWN BLOODY MARY:
While Nick's will still offer its classic Bloody Mary, but during brunch hours there will be a new build-your-own program where customers at the bar and in the dining room can check-off their favorite options that will accompany Nick's in-house mix and Tito's Vodka. Build-you-own Bloodys will be $6.00 and can include choice of rim (Old Bay, Salt, Bacon Dust) and your choice of extras like Stuffed Olives, Olives, Pretzel Rods, Lemon, Lime, Celery, Peperoncini, Extra Horseradish, Extra Tabasco, Extra Worcestershire Sauce, Shrimp and Bacon. All options are included in the base $6.00 price except shrimp and bacon, which are $1.00 extra. For a smooth and simple boozy brunch, build-your-own Bloody Mary slips will be available throughout the bar with pencils handy - and customers can hand them right to any bartender or server.
All of the above menu items served alongside the full Nick's lunch, dinner and drink menu.
"We want to start by focusing on the dishes and flavors that are our personal and customer favorites," added Schultice. "We'll also be complimenting the menu with a weekend share plate for groups of 2 or more. Down the road, look for more brunch items to be added, plus weekend specific brunch specials."
ABOUT NICK’S ROAST BEEF
Nick’s Bar and Grille, established in 1969, is “the” neighborhood corner bar of Philadelphia. In 2012, bartender-turned-owner Joseph "Joey Dog" Schultice hung up most of his infamous shorts and trimmed his signature long hair to usher in a new era for the long-time Old City staple.
In spring of 2016, Schultice fired up a new look, name and menu for the Old City staple. Nick's Roast Beef Old City was renamed Nick's Bar and Grille. With the new name change, came a new menu that paired regular favorites with new BBQ dishes featuring in-house smoked meats. The dining room and bar was upgraded with new custom-built tables, a group table, new high-tops, renovations to the walls and ceilings, and new decor.
Nick’s continues to serve as a laid back and friendly alternative to the city's uber sexy clubs and upscale fine dining restaurants. The staff are always ready to greet you with a smile and a great story. People come to Nick’s for great conversation, fun times, fresh food and unbeatable value.
By day, the $6.95 lunch special attracts the local business community, tourist families and future entrepreneurs. By night and on weekends, food specials in the dining room and games in the bar attract sports fans, students, locals and long-time regulars. No matter who you are, what you do or what you are wearing, Nick’s has something for everyone.