Mt. Airy Brunch Sessions: Four Seasons of Prix-Fixe returns for a summer-themed edition on Saturday, July 12 and Sunday, July 13, 2014. Newly opened Cantina Avenida and Cresheim Valley Grain Exchange will join Earth Bread + Brewery, Geechee Girl Rice Cafe, Cantina Avenida Restaurant, Goat Hollow, Little Jimmie's Bakery Cafe and Trolley Car Diner in offering seasonally-inspired, three course menus for only $16.00 per person. Select restaurants will also open for extended hours, feature live entertainment and/or showcase new specialty cocktails. Before or after brunch, stay for the day with a full menu of family-friendly offerings in Mt. Airy and surrounding towns. For full menus, reservations and listings of events, visit www.gomtairy.com/events/mt-airy-events
Mt. Airy chefs will present seasonally-inspired cuisine that features a mixture of off-menu dishes and signature favorites. Diners will sample everything from a latin-inspired chopped salad (with blueberries, queso fresco, cucumber, tomatoes, basil, corn, avocado, agave lime vinaigrette), to savory crepes (with sweetened ricotta, fresh peaches, and chicken-sage sausage), to a rose yogurt parfait (using local honey from from Wyck House garden). There is a cuisine for every palette, ranging from Latin American to Southern, comfort to cutting edge. Select restaurants will also offer vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options. The diverse restaurant scene also has a wide-range of settings, including a colonial home, intimate BYO, outdoor gardens and patios, one-room historic school house – and even a retro 50s diner (complete with a trolley car).
Menus and restaurant information is as follows:
EARTH BREAD + BREWERY
Saturday and Sunday, 11:30am to 4:00pm
7136 Germantown Avenue
Reservations are only available for parties of six or more only by calling (215) 242-6666.
* The Seed Flatbread - A garlic lover’s flatbread made with roasted garlic, pine nuts, pumpkin + sesame seeds and mozzarella and red pepper flakes. (entrée)
* The Breakfast Flatbread, with asparagus, Canadian bacon, eggs. Finished with a spicy lemon hollandaise sauce and chives. (entrée)
* Bonus: Live music from 1:00pm to 3:00pm on both days! On Saturday, enjoy traditional French music featuring the guitar and accordion from Henry + Pat, and then on Sunday, have your brunch with a side of French dance music, know as Cabriole.
GEECHEE GIRL RICE CAFE
Saturday and Sunday, 11:00am to 3:00pm
6825 Germantown Avenue
For reservations, call (215) 843-8113. BYOB.
* Grapefruit Brulé with ginger glaze (starter)
* Fried chicken on a Buttermilk biscuit with a sweet a spicy glaze (entrée)
* Warm crepes with sweetened ricotta, fresh peaches and chicken-sage sausage (entrée)
* South African Ginger Beer. Fresh ginger, OJ and honey topped with fresh iced tea. (extra)
Saturday and Sunday, 10:30am to 3:00pm
300 West Mount Pleasant Avenue
For reservations, visit goathollow.com, use Open Table OR call (267) 428-5672. Full bar available.
* Three different choices of deviled eggs, including curry, crostini and petit tart of caramelized cippolini onions, goat cheese, and heirloom tomatoes (starter)
* Salmon Pizzette with herbed cheese spread, house cured salmon, red onion, tomato and capers baked (entrée)
* Quinoa Breakfast Stack featuring a Napoleon featuring a fried egg, house cured tasso ham, quinoa cake, local tomato, fresh mozzarella and hollandaise sauce (entrée)
* The Lawnmower Cocktail featuring vodka, sage liqueur, Galliano, muddled cucumber, clover, dandelion and lemon juice (extra)
Sunday, 11:00am to 3:00pm
7401 Germantown Avenue
For reservations: Visit avenidarestaurant.com to reserve on-line using Open Table OR call (267) 385-6857
* Chopped salad featuring romaine, blueberries, queso fresco, cucumber, tomatoes, basil, corn, avocado and agave lime vinaigrette (starter)
* Mushroom & Huitlacoche Scrambler Taco featuring scrambled eggs, sauteed mushrooms and Chihuahua cheese (entrée)
* Mexican Chocolate French Toast with warm maple vanilla syrup (entrée)
LITTLE JIMMIE’S BAKERY CAFE
Sunday, 11:00am to 4:00pm
6669 Germantown Avenue
For reservations please call (267) 336-7139.
*Wyck Rose Parfait featuring honey rose yogurt made using fresh-picked roses and local honey from the Wyck House garden, layered with granola, blueberries and strawberries (starter)
*Strawberry-Rhubarb Waffle featuring a freshly-made Belgian waffle topped with a strawberry-rhubarb compote and home-made whipped cream. Served with a side of fresh Lancaster County bacon (entrée)
*Summer Vegetable Frittata using local eggs with Asparagus, tomatoes, fresh oregano and feta cheese. Served with a side of roasted local red potatoes (entrée)
CRESHEIM VALLEY GRAIN EXCHANGE
Saturday and Sunday, 10:00am to 3:00pm
7151 Germantown Avenue
Mt. Airy's newest restaurant will join Brunch Sessions for the first time, with a take on country classics. Brunch menu to be announced.
TROLLEY CAR DINER
Saturday and Sunday, 11:00am to 3:00pm
7619 Germantown Avenue
No reservations accepted at this time, walk-in only.
Brunch menu to be announced.
COME FOR BRUNCH, STAY FOR THE DAY
Extend your summer day in Mt. Airy with shopping, live music, culture, art, history, outdoor adventure and more! Enjoy the Northwest’s historic treasures, outdoor adventures and fun for all ages. There’s always a new path to discover on a trip to the Wissahickon while rock climbing, biking, fishing, bird watching, feeding the ducks, picnicking and much more. Journey to the past and discover living history. Wander throughout the residential streets and admire more than 250 years of architectural history. For specially designed itineraries, visit www.gomtairy.com/visiting. Special events include:
MT. AIRY TRAIN STATION FLEA MARKET
Saturday, 9:00am to 1:00pm
149 E. Gowen Avenue
Shop for the local goods and craftsmanship at the Mt. Airy Train Station Flea Market.
More info: http://gomtairy.com/events/mt-airy-events/2014/04/28/mt.-airy-train-station-flea-markets3/
HISTORIC GERMANTOWN SECOND SATURDAY
Saturday. 12:00pm to 4:00pm
Discover the historic landmarks of early American dreamers at the Historic Germantown Second Saturdays. Sixteen extraordinary Philadelphia houses, destinations and museums tell the story of early American residents, featuring the Wyck House "Behind the Fence” at Walnut Lane & Germantown Ave. Cost varies on site; or buy a Historic Germantown Passport: $15 for an individual, $25 for a family (2 adults and 2 children) and see the sites throughout the year!
BREWER’S OUTLET BEER TASTING
Saturday, 3:00pm to 5:00pm
7401 Germantown Avenue
Sample a selection of craft brews, Belgians or imports at Brewer’s Outlet, the regions largest provider of craft and specialty beers from around the world
More info: http://www.mybrewersoutlet.com/events.aspx
G-TOWN JAZZ ON THE AVE
Saturday, 5:00pm to 8:00pm
6401 Germantown Avenue (entrance on Cliveden Street)
Bebashi’s Health Awareness festival brings live jazz music, local food, and arts and craft vendors together for an evening of support support and awareness. Admission is $20 per adult, $10 per child, to benefit Bebashi's core initiatives: HIV/ AIDS awareness, breast health, and hunger relief.
More info: http://gomtairy.com/events/mt-airy-events/2014/06/05/bebashi-fundraising-cliveden/
GALLERY AT MT. AIRY ART GARAGE
Sunday,12:00pm to 5:00pm
11 West Mt. Airy Ave
Come to a summer exhibition of artistic creativity, collaboration, and celebration with collections from well-known professionals and emerging artists.
MT. AIRY TRAILS
Walk, climb, hike, or picnic around the Wissakickon trail, Forbidden Drive,
More info: http://gomtairy.com/visiting/outdoor-activities/
Shop at Lujon for mid-century modern home furnishings and find great deals on notable designers.
7174 Germantown Ave
More info: http://lujonphilly.com/
Stop by The Handcraft Workshop fabric boutique and sewing studio, a newer addition to the Mt. Airy community with designer fabrics, .
7224 Germantown Ave
More info: http://www.handcraftworkshop.com/index.html