THIS SUNDAY: OLD CITY FEST TAKES OVER STREETS OF OLD CITY DISTRICT WITH FULL DAY OF FALL FUN, FOOD, FASHION, FAMILY ACTIVITIES, MORE
Old City Fest
by Old City District
This Sunday, October 9, 2016
11:00pm to 6:00pm
3rd and ArchAlong N. 3rd Street (from Market to Race) and Arch Street (from 2nd to 4th)
From its historic past to its artful present to its tech future, Old City is the place to be! Look for vibrant and diverse offerings that make the neighborhood the historic gem of Philadelphia. Old City staples lining the streets will include Buddakan, Continental, Cuba Libre, Franklin Fountain, Old City Coffee, Sassafras, Center for Art in Wood, Clay Studio, Smak Parlour, and Third Street Habit. Start-ups and newer businesses including Conversion, The Little Lion, People Prints and Select Shop 215 are just some of the more than 100 vendors.
Activities will include a festival stage with live music, two runway fashion shows, a family fun zone, pop-up street performances and a wide array of food, beverages, art, craft and retail shopping, with 100+ Old City vendors participating. Admission is free, with food and drink pay-as-you-go.
FULL SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- Old City Fest begins
- Gymnastics presentation by students from Relentless Fitness in the Family Fun Zone
- Hannah Taylor and the Rekardo Lee Trio perform on the main stage (4th and Arch)
- Arden Drama School performs in the Family Fun Zone
- Ernest Stuart performs on the main stage (4th and Arch)
- Wilhelmina Philadelphia models take the stage to share new fall styles from Old City boutiques Smak Parlour, Fason De Viv and shared space boutique, 323 Arch Street Fashion Collective
- Pirates of Fortune’s Folly Stunt Show SpectaculARRRR! In the Family Fun Zone Pirates of Fortune’s Folly are new to Old City Fest this year. Their Stunt Show SpectaculARRRR! will entertain with plenty of action, music and laughs! “Volunteers” are press-ganged onto the crew to help make things fun and exciting for all!
- The Phillie Phanatic will also make a special appearance during the 2:00pm hour in the Family Fun Zone!
- Philadelphia Dance Academy performs in the Family Fun Zone
- DJ D-ILL performs on the main stage (4th and Arch)
- Wilhelmina Philadelphia models take the stage to share one of a kind, handmade work from MADE Institute’s current students and members of their Designer Development Program, including Tienel and Harx Four.
- Music Monkey Jungle performs in the Family Fun Zone
- Worldtown Soundsystem performs on the main stage (4th and Arch)
- Give & Take Jugglers perform in the Family Fun Zone
- Old City Fest ends
- Old City Fest looks to attract that largest crowd ever with 20,000+ people in attendance
- 100+ vendors (vending space sold out!)
INTERESTING VISUALS --
- Clay throwing "battles" by the Clay Studio
- Historic chocolate making with Betsy Ross, Mary Crathorne, and Hannah Lithgow
- Colonial crafts demonstration
- Pop-up circus performers and dancers
- Storytelling bench and interactive story telling program in the family fun zone
- Temporary tattoos, a craft station, and temporary hair highlights in the Momo's Tree House booth
- Children's entertainment
- Live bands
- 30 restaurants and eateries serving food outside
- 24+ artists and galleries showing off creative works
- Fashion show sharing fall styles from Old City's local boutiques
- Children's dance party
- 11 year DJ from Philadelphia performing
- Historic neighbors from long ago making appearances
- Philadelphia Dance Academy
- Apperance by the Phille Phantic
- Pirate's of Fortune Folly stunt show
- MUCH MORE!
“Old City Fest highlights our region’s premier arts and design district, showcasing local designers, creative firms, restaurants, retailers, galleries, theater, culture, history and architecture,” said Old City District’s Executive Director, Job Itzkowitz. “Old City Fest was designed to be different. The city has tons of amazing neighborhood-based festivals with food, drink and music. We wanted to take that one step farther and celebrate all that makes America’s most historic square mile unique. We curated the event to give Old City’s merchants, artists, makers and creative community a platform to shine for the region.”
For more info, visit oldcitydistrict.org, tweet @OldCityDistrict or call (215) 592-7929.
Please confirm coverage by calling 215-840-9216 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will have staff available all day to help arrange access to eco activities and to secure interviews.
# # #
Aversa PR & Events