Forget the cookies and milk! This year, St. Nick is getting his holly jolly on with seasonal craft beer and merry cocktails during Spirits & Suds with Santa Bar Crawl, on Wednesday, December 10, 2014, from 5:30pm to 9:30pm. Enjoy $3.00 seasonal craft beers, $4.00 merry cocktails and discounted snacks (select locations) at 13 award-winning bars and restaurants along East Passyunk Avenue. Five dollar admission also includes a Santa or Elf hat and a Santa’s Sipping Stamp Card. Collect five or more stamps to be entered to win a gift certificate prize package worth $325.00. Collect stamps for anything you purchase at the outlined locations, with a maximum of 2 stamps per location. Registration will be held at South Philly Bar & Grill (9th and Wharton) from 5:30 to 7:00pm. Stamp cards will be collected at Adobe Cafe (1919 EPA) at 9:30pm. Spirits & Suds with Santa is presented by East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District and sponsored by Sailor Jerry, Tullamore Dew and Yelp. Advance tickets are on sale at www.visiteastpassyunk.com. Proceeds will benefit local needy families this holiday season through East Passyunk Crossing's holiday giving program.
Participating bars and restaurants, and their drink and food menus, are as follows:
- Adobe Cafe (1919 EPA) - Applemore Black (Tullamore Dew, black tea and apple juice), Sam Adams Winter Lager, $4.50 Mexican fries and $4.00 nachos
- Birra (1700 EPA) - Santa's Lil' Helper (Tullamore Dew spiked hot chocolate with minty whipped cream and chocolate chip cookie crumbles) and Sam Adams Double Bock
- Brigantessa (1520 EPA) - Grasso Tedesco (Reyka vodka, lemon, honey and sparkling grapefruit), Victory Prima Pils and Firestone Walker Union Jack IPA
- Cantina los Caballitos (1651 EPA) - Milagro cranberry margaritas, Victory Head Waters, $5.50 Mexican hot dog and $4.00 Corn on the Cob
- Garage (1231 EPA) - Sailor Jerry Cocktails, Tullamore Dew shots and Victory drafts
- Lucky 13 (1820 S 13th Street) - Rum Runner (Sailor Jerry, orange juice, Banana liqueur, blackberry brandy), Montserrat (Tullamore Dew, apple juice, bitters, sugar), Victory Winter Cheer, and $3.00 meat or veggie pita pizza
- Noir (1909 EPA) - Sailor Jerry Collins, Magic Hat Dream Machine, Jacks Apple Cider, $5.00 rice balls and poutine (cheese and gravy)
- POPE - Ginger D.E.W. (Tullamore Dew, ginger ale and lemon) and PBC Winter Warmer
- Ray's Happy Birthday Bar (1200 EPA) - Sailor Jerry and Coke and Flying Fish Red Fish
- South Philly Bar & Grill (1235 EPA) - Spiked Sailor (Sailor Jerry and apple cider) and Winter Whiskey (Tullamore), Stegmaier Pumpkin and $5.00 bar bites
- Stateside (1536 EPA) - White Christmas (Sailor Jerry, Kringle Kream, allspice syrup and orange soda) and Great Lakes Christmas Ale
- Stogie Joe's (1801 EPA) - Backyard Tea (Sailor Jerry's rum, iced tea and lemonade), Travelers Jolly Winter Shandy, and $5.00 wings and loaded potato rounds (BBQ pulled pork and asiago cheese)
- The Bottle Shop (1837 EPA) - Yuletide Mulled Cider with Sailor Jerry and Victory Winter Cheers
Spirits & Suds is 21+ only. Please drink responsibly. East Passyunk Avenue is easily accessible by SEPTA via the Broad Street Line and several bus lines. Taxis are accessible on Broad Street, or bartenders can call one for you.