East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District (EPABID) is revving up for the 13th Annual Car Show and Street Festival presented by Jefferson Health Methodist Hospital on Sunday, July 29, 2018, from 11:00am to 4:00pm, on EPA between Broad and Dickinson streets. Look for nearly 175+ muscle, classic, antique, custom and show cars, trucks and motorcycles will line the Avenue, with street vendors, circus performances, rack sales, kids’ activities, live music and the Bang! Boom! CRAFT! Show in between. Wine and dine among the cars as award-winning restaurants and food trucks serve specially priced street food and summertime drinks. Admission is FREE for attendees and $20 for cars. Check-in for cars is moved up this year to 8:00am to 11:00 am. The event's rain date is Sunday, August 5, 2018. For information, visit www.visiteastpassyunk.com, tweet at @epassyunkave and follow #passyunkcarshow.
After setting a record in 2017, look for 175+ muscle, classic, antique, custom and show cars, trucks and motorcycles lining the five blocks between Broad and Dickinson streets. The fee for participating cars is $20 per vehicle. Registration will take place at Broad and EPA between 8:00am and 11:00am (note the earlier time). Space is available on a first come, first served basis. Trophies will be awarded in dozens of categories, including: Top 50, Best Stock, Best Modified, Best Engine, Best Paint, Best 50’s Custom, Best Street Rod, Best Low Rider, Best Truck, Best Motorcycle, and Best of Show Car and Motorcycle.
“The 13th Annual Car Show and Street Festival is back and bigger than ever. Before you head to the shore for the summer save July 29th on your calendars for this must-do event," said EPABID Executive Director Pam Zenzola. “Families from around the tri-state area flock to the East Passyunk to cruise the cars, enjoy live music on every block and taste authentic South Philly cooking. We are thrilled to bring back South Philly's largest annual summer tradition!"
Grab some street grub and summer drinks from visiting food trucks, plus look for $5 deals at many of East Passyunk's award-winning restaurants! Look for the balloons to find places offering the $5.00 specials. The early look at the menus is below:
*Adobe Cafe - 1919 East Passyunk Ave - $5 Burritos
* Barcelona Wine Bar - 1709 East Passyunk Ave - $5.00 Vegetable Paella
* Bing Bing Dim Sum - 1648 East Passyunk Ave - $5.00 Cheesesteak Caterpillar bread.
* Black & Brew - 1523 East Passyunk Ave - $5.00 draft lattes and Black & Tans - all served cold
* Brigantessa - 1520 East Passyunk Ave - $5.00 offerings for the car show, we will be offering $5.00 Eggplant Polpette, $5.00 Fried Brussels Sprouts, and $5.00 Baccala Fritters. There will also be a select $5.00 local craft beer.
* Capogiro Gelato Artisans - 1625 East Passyunk Ave - $5.00 Piccolos!
* Cantina Los Caballitos - 1651 East Passyunk Ave - $5.00 Chicken Chorizo Empanadas with cilantro serrano cream sauce, Cauliflower bbq wing style sampler w/ vegan chipotle aioli. Also, Deep Eddy's Orange, Grapefruit, Lemon, regular Vodka, MULES, Deep Eddy's Sweet Tea Arnold Palmers, Hornitos Plata Traditional Margaritas all $5.00 each
* Essen Bakery - 1437 East Passyunk Ave - Cup of cold brew and a pastry for $5.00 for the car show.
* FUEL - 1917 East Passyunk Ave - Smoothie in smoothie fest refillable cup only $5.00. Normally 6.99
* Junior's Beef & Pork - 1840 East Passyunk Ave - $5.00 Roast Beef and Roast Pork Sandwiches
* Lascala’s Birra - 1700 East Passyunk Ave - $3.00 cheese pizza slices
* Manatawny Still Works - 1603 East Passyunk Ave - $5.00 craft beers
* Mamma Maria Ristorante - 1637 East Passyunk Ave -$5.00 Penne Primavera in a delicate blush sauce
* Marra's Philadelphia - Italiana Cucina - 1734 East Passyunk Ave - $5.00 meatball sandwich on a Sarcone's roll
* Pistola's Del Sur - 1934 East Passyunk Ave - $5.00 Amigo Burgers, Elotes plus $5.00 Margaritas!
* Plenty Cafe - 1710 East Passyunk Ave - Bringing back the pulled pork! House smoked pork shoulder, Plenty BBQ, Summer slaw. A half size for $5.00. Plus, $5.00 draft beer specials
* Pollyodd - 1908 East Passyunk Ave - Offering $5.00 off the purchase of any two or more bottles.
* Pub On Passyunk East - POPE - 1601 East Passyunk Ave - $5.00 Two hot dogs and fries. Plus, $5 Rockaway Peach (Faber Orange Vodka and Peach Lemonade)
* P'unk Burger - 1823 East Passyunk Ave - $5.00 vegan pulled portobello slider with pulled portobello, punk sauce and vegan coleslaw, $5.00 Beef Bacon Jam Slider with Cheddar Cheese, $5.00 Cheeseburger slider with beef and American cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and onion
* Stargazy - 1838 East Passyunk Ave- $5 Cornish pasty
* The Bottle Shop - 1616 East Passyunk Ave - Beer Tub & Frozen Strawberry Rose Wine POPsicles
As a bonus, we will have some of the city's most popular food trucks and restaurants on hand with extra treats to enjoy! The list so far includes:
* Bad Mother Shuckers
* Hardy Funnel Cakes
* Mike's BBQ
* Puyero Venezuelan Flavor
* Separatist Beer (Coming to the Avenue in Fall 2018)
* Sunny Flavors Water Ice
Live music will keep things moving and grooving as diners enjoy the cars and food selections. All music is outdoors unless otherwise noted. Music will span the generations with the oldies, current hits, r&b, jazz and much more. Look for music in the 1600 block parking lot, at EPA and Juniper, outside Stogie Joe's, at the Singing Fountain, at the Gateway, and other spots to be announced. The schedule so far includes:
11:00pm to 1:30pm - Bunch Bunch Featuring Casey Parker outside Pistolla’s Del Sur
11:00am to 12:30pm - Las Palabras across from parking lot 1600 block
12:00pm to 3:30pm - Dj Lindsay Marie at the Fountain
12:00pm to 3:00pm - Rick Baccare outside Stogie Joe’s Tavern
2:00pm to 3:30pm - Brown Sugar across from parking lot 1600 block
2:00pm to 3:30pm - Blue Pharaohs outside Pistolla’s Del Sur
3:00pm to 8:00pm - DJ Ralphie Razor outside Stogie Joe’s Tavern
The Bang! Boom! CRAFT! Show at the Fountain will again be curated by Nice Things Handmade! Look for handmade items from local crafters and artists, including art, decor, ceramics, jewelry, clothing and gifts from dozens of vendors.
Philadelphia School of Circus will bring the circus fun with roaming stilt walkers in 50s outfits waving above the crowd, interacting with families and taking photos.
Family activities and other fun will offer something to appeal to all ages, including the return of the free bounce castle, plus free and discounted family fun, outside games, art projects, music and more.
Anyone wishing to leave with a new set of wheels can enter the East Passyunk Scooter Raffle to benefit Avenue programs and services. The grand prize is a Piaggio Typhoon valued at $2,600. The winning ticket will be pulled at the Car Show at 3:30pm outside by the judges’ stand on the 1600 block. The scooter is now on display at Metro Men’s Clothing at 1600 East Passyunk Avenue. Tickets are $5.00 or 5 chances for $20.00. They are available at the Car Show or at participating merchants ahead of the show. The winner doesn’t need to be present to win. The scooter was purchased from Avenue merchant Philadelphia Scooters.
For participating cars, registration is ‘day of’ only from 8:00am to 11:00 am in front of the parking lot at 1636 EPA. All cars must enter at the Broad Street entrance to EPA between 8:00am and 11:00am. Cars will not be allowed entrance from side streets and cars who want to park together must arrive together, we cannot save spots. Trophies awarded for Top 50, Top 5 motorcycles and 12 ‘best of’ categories at 3.30pm at 1636 EPA. For more car info: Ray Kelly 215-637-7138 or email@example.com
The 13th Annual Car Show and Street Festival is hosted by the Northeast Muscle Car Club and presented by East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District with support from Jefferson Health Methodist Hospital. Thank you to other sponsors and media partners, including Gold Medal Environmental, Power Home Remodeling, Nice Things handmade, Passyunk Avenue Revitalization Corporation, Samuels and Son Seafood and YELP.
The event is free to attend and $20 for cars.
Parking for the Car Show is located at Parkway at Constitution Health Plaza at 1485 McKean (between Broad and 15th street). It is open 24 hours and is only a four minute walk from the parking lot to the Gateway and the start of the car show.
For information, visit www.visiteastpassyunk.com, tweet at @epassyunkave and follow #passyunkcarshow.
ABOUT EAST PASSYUNK AVENUE BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT
East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District is home to 150 independently owned shops and markets that perfectly balances the best of the old and the new, mixing old world shopping, authentic Italian restaurants, world famous cheesesteaks, with trendy boutiques, handmade arts, world-class cuisine and record-breaking events.
ABOUT EAST PASSYUNK AVENUE BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT
East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District is home to 150+ independently owned shops and markets that perfectly balances the best of the old and the new, mixing old world shopping, authentic Italian restaurants, world famous cheesesteaks, with trendy boutiques, handmade arts, world-class cuisine and record-breaking events.
Chef-driven restaurants have pushed this once-faded community into the national spotlight. East Passyunk Avenue boasts more than 40 eateries, from authentic traditional Italian restaurants to gastropubs, including twelve of Philadelphia magazine’s Top 50 Restaurants. Capogiro Gelato Artisans scoops up National Geographic’s “best ice cream in the world” just down the block from cheesesteak global headquarters, where Pat’s and Geno’s still vie to be called the best of this Philly staple.
Anchored by the beautifully restored Singing Fountain, a communal gathering place on Tasker Street, this store-lined commercial corridor hosts events of all shapes and sizes. Annual outdoor favorites include foodie-festival Flavors of the Avenue, the Car Show & Street Festival, Farmers’ Markets and East Passyunk Craft Beer Day. For more information and directions, like East Passyunk Avenue on Facebook, follow @epassyunkave on Twitter, pin East Passyunk Avenue on Pinterest or visit www.visiteastpassyunk.com.