Chhaya Café, 1823 East Passyunk Avenue, warms up during dipping temperatures with the return of richer, heavier and heartier brunch flavors. Chef and owner V Beuria serves up a winter menu with sweet and savory selections that embody the concept of comfort food. On the beverage side, Chhaya is warming up this winter with Mulled Apple Cider, Café Miel, Belgium Hot Chocolate and White Chocolate Mocha.
Starting this week, Chhaya will debut the following items every weekend during its brunch service:
- Pulled Pork Waffle – Slowly roasted pork shoulder is served over cornbread waffles, and topped with green apple, radish and a cilantro slaw. ($12.00)
- Stuffed French Toast Waffle –Chhaya's french toast takes on the appearance of a waffle as it’s dipped into a house-made egg batter and finished on the signature waffle press. Two pieces of the golden brown toast are then filled with a decadent layer of a cinnamon and brown sugar infused cream cheese and fresh berries. A bourbon maple syrup is then drizzled over the entire waffle giving a sweet finish to this delicious make-over of a brunch staple. ($10.00)
- Eggs En Cocottee – Two eggs are baked in a cast iron skillet with creamy spinach and aged white cheddar cheese, topped with Parmesan and herbs. Buttered toast points act as the perfect foil to this heartwarmingly savory dish. ($9.50)
- Warm White Bean and Asparagus Salad – Cannellini beans, roasted asparagus and cherry tomatoes are quickly sautéed in a house-made walnut pesto and served on top of a hearty slice of warmed country white bread, garnished with sliced toasted almonds, and finished with a fresh squeeze of lemon and a drizzle of olive oil. ($10.00)
- Tofu Scramble (vegan) – some extra love for our vegans this season – firm tofu is cooked scrambled egg style with sautéed onions, tomatoes, wilted spinach and a hint of turmeric and nutritional yeast. Served with vegan home fries or a side salad. So tasty it will convert thee most ardent egg-lover ($8.00) Add vegan chorizo ($5.00).
- Quiche of the Day – Chef V’s homemade flaky butter crust is filled with creamy egg custard and rotating flavor profiles such as goat cheese, oven roasted tomato and spinach with caramelized leeks, bacon and blue cheese. Served with a side salad. ($8.50.
Featured daily coffees and teas will include:
- Belgium Hot Chocolate created from a 70% cacao Belgium chocolate melted with cream and mixed into steamed milk. Fresh whipped cream can be added on top at no extra charge. ($3.25 12oz, $4.00 16oz)
- White Chocolate Mocha created from Belgium white chocolate and espresso, then mixed into steamed milk. ($4.00 12oz, $4.50 16oz)
- Mulled Apple Cider – Lancaster county fresh pressed apple cider is steeped with our own blend of winter spices, served warm for a satisfying cold weather treat.
- Café Miel – Our 'Cafe Miel' will be replacing the pumpkin spice latte on our seasonal drink menu for winter. It's a honey cinnamon cappuccino made with Nordico espresso from One Village Coffee
Chhaya will also continue to serve its year-round menu of sandwiches, salads, baked goods, waffles and crepes. All food and drink items are made fresh, in-house every day, from the muffins to the sandwiches, even the chocolate sauce and chai. For more information, call (215) 465-1000, visit www.chhayacafe.com, follow @chhayacafe on Twitter or like Chhaya Café on Facebook.