Chhaya Café, 1823 East Passyunk Avenue, is now serving
tasty treats very dear to Chef Varnana Beuria — her fabulous pies. Once
reserved only for guests in Chef Beuria’s home, these delicious pies with
delicate crusts are now available at her café on East
Passyunk Avenue in South Philadelphia. Stop in for pie, baked goods, desserts, coffee and other treats this holiday season.
“My pies have always been an expression of my love for my family and friends,” said Beuria. “I am glad to share them with my customers.”
Chef Beuria — better known as Chef V — personally selects and bakes each day’s pie, based on what she feels will best suit her customers’ tastes and moods. The soul-satisfying pie possibilities are nearly limitless —jammy, juicy fruit, spiced pumpkin, nutty pecan, rich chocolate, tangy Key lime and more.
It’s no surprise that, since last week, when Chhaya started selling these heavenly, sweet, flaky-crusted pies, they have sold out every day. Pie selection changes daily. Slices are $5 each or $20 for a whole pie. Order for Thanksgiving by Wednesday, November 20th.
In addition to the new pie service, Chhaya also welcomes back the flavors of the season with sweet and savory additions to the popular brunch menu.
- Thanksgiving Waffle – A sausage and sage stuffing waffle topped with turkey, cranberry sauce and gravy. (Available on weekends during the month of November and early December. It will also be served on Wednesday, November 27, 2013 and Black Friday, November 29, 2013)
Other menu additions available through December include:
- Pumpkin Waffle – Pumpkin waffles with pecan syrup and cinnamon whipped cream
- Apple Crisp Pancakes – Buttermilk pancakes with apple cranberry filling and a toasted crumb topping
- Roasted Squash and Shaved Apple Salad – Arugula with roasted squash, shaved apples, goat cheese and honeyed walnuts
- Seasonal Crepes – Rotating selection of whole wheat crepes include sweet and savory varieties such as apple, Dulce de Leche and roasted squash (among others)
- Pumpkin Spice Latte and Chai, Hot Apple Cider
Chhaya will continue to serve its year-round menu of sandwiches, salads, baked goods, waffles and crepes. Popular weekend brunch selections include the Huevos Ranchero Waffle (cornbread waffle, salsa, black beans, avocado, chorizo, fried egg and hollandaise) and Stuffed French Toast Waffle (waffle with cream cheese and fresh berry filling, with warm bourbon-maple syrup). All food and drink items are made fresh in-house every day, from the muffins, to the sandwiches, to even the chocolate sauce and chai. For more information, call (215) 465-1000, visit www.chhayacafe.com, follow @chhayacafe on Twitter or like Chhaya Café on Facebook.