Whether Mom prefers to celebrate her day on a more casual note with pizza or tacos, or maybe she wants to be showered with champagne brunch and blood orange cocktails, we have you covered on the best spots to treat your favorite ladies this Mother's Day. These Philadelphia restaurants are offering free food, special menus, and the best views this Sunday, May 14th.
1) Puyero Venezulean Flavor
524 S 4th St
Philadelphia, PA 19147
11:30am to 10:00pm
- Mother's Day Freebie: South Street Headhouse District's newest eatery has a special treat for Mom! On Sunday, May 14th, this new family owner casual eatery invites Mom and the whole family down for lunch or dinner. Mom's eat free all day in the dining room - with her choice of an arepa, patacone or appetizer. Puyero is the perfect spot to celebrate in a casual atmosphere - with no fuss, no reservations. (Gluten free offerings)
2) P’unk Burger
1823 East Passyunk Ave, Philadelphia
9:00am to 10:00pm
- Mother's Day Freebie: Mom can take the day off from cooking on Sunday, May 14th for Mother’s Day at P’unk Burger featuring half priced Kid’s Sliders and Fries. Plus Mom can get her own free shake with any purchase to really enjoy her day - any variety, including the new May Honeycomb & Nutella Shake made with Franklin Fountain ice cream. (Gluten free, vegan, vegetarian offerings)
- Mother's Day Brunch: P'unk Burger opens early starting this weekend for new weekend brunch on Saturdays and Sundays, from 9:00am to 2:00pm. Look for a new special menu of brunch burgers, loaded tots and cereal milkshakes! Make Mom a mimosa when you BYO!
Rittenhouse Square: 1740 Sansom St. (215) 557- 9299
Italian Market: 1180 S. 10th St. (215) 463-0868
Fishtown, 431 East Girard Ave. (215) 425-1555
Washington Twp: 137 Egg Harbor Rd (856) 302 5099
11:00am - 10:00pm
- Mother's Day Freebie: On Sunday, May 14th, purchase a large pizza for the family and Mom receives any small pizza all to herself for free. Any toppings, any variety, any crust - its all for her and her alone to enjoy! This special is available for take-out, delivery, or eat-in during regular business hours. Visit http://www.slicepa.com for more information. (Gluten free, vegan and vegetarian offerings)
4) Revolution Taco
2015 Walnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Mother's Day Freebie: Rittenhouse Square's Revolution Taco is serving up a free order of any variety of tacos for Mom on Mother's Day when she is accompanied by her family! Pick from Korean Short Rib, Fried Curried Cauliflower, Smoked Mushroom Vegan, Chicken Tinga, and even Roast Duck Taco. Dine-in only. (Gluten free, vegan and vegetarian offerings)
5) Fine Palate
231 S 15th St
Philadelphia, PA 19102
- Mother's Day Freebie: Owners Courtney Dow and Chef Vince Joseph will toast Mom with a complimentary glass of champagne waiting for Mom during brunch service!
- Mother's Day Brunch: Fine Palate in Rittenhouse Square neighborhood celebrates Mother's Day with a special brunch featuring caviar service, coq au vin, Sunday supper pasta and off-menu specials and brunch classics - including Fried Oysters, Eggs in H_ll, Omelet with Gruyere Cheese, Coconut French Toast, Soft Scrambled Eggs with Black Truffles, Buffalo Tartare and more.
- Mother's Day Chocolate Bar: Fine Palate wants to give Mom only the best on Mother's Day! Fine Palate will debut a special chocolate "bar" series made by Thomas Keller and Armando Manni. Keller is the owner of the French Laundry, and Armando Manni is the creator and owner of one of the world's most renowned olive oils. Fine Palate will be the only restaurant on the East Coast carrying this special treat in three varieties, from Ecuador, Madagascar and Peru. Bars will can be purchased as a gift for Mom for $16.00 per bar.
6) The Little Lion
243 Chestnut St
Philadelphia, PA 19106
Old City District
The Little Lion salutes Mom with a special Mother's Day Brunch Buffet with all her Southern and comfort food favorites like Prime Rib, Eggs Benedict Station, Buffalo Chicken and Biscuits, Red Velvet French Toast, Omelet Station, Mini Quiche, Sticky Buns, Sweets Selection and much more. Only $35 per adult, $15 per 12 and under/ $15 and free 6 and under. The bar will be open and featuring a Mother's Day special cocktail - Blood Orange Granita featuring a frozen cube of blood orange shrub (which is blood orange, water, sugar, and apple cider vinegar) lime juice, and el jimador tequila garnished with a blood orange slice and a little 4" muddler It’s served in a large 8.5 oz coupe glass.
At 4:00pm, dinner service will open with your Little Lion favorites plus Mother's Day additions - including Hot and Honey Chicken, Southern Fried Chicken and Savory Hot Cakes, Shrimp and Grits, St. Louis Pork Ribs and more!
The Little Lion debuts brand new outdoor seating this weekend with new lighting, more (and new) tables and chairs, flowers and all brand-new umbrellas. Enjoy the perfect view of the brand new Museum of the American Revolution.
Mother's Day Hours:
Brunch Buffet 8:00am-4:00pm, Bar 10:00am-1:00am, Dinner 4:00pm - 1:00am
1500 Locust Street
New brunch service
10:00am to 3:00pm
Cinder debuts brunch service just in time for Mother's Day! Head to the Rittenhouse bar and eatery for brunch dishes created by Executive Chef Oliver Munguia. Chef worked has called Philadelphia’s kitchens home for over 14 years. He has extensive experience in Philadelphia’s culinary scene from work at Reef and Melograno (with Chef Gianlucas Demontis) - plus brunch hot spot Green Eggs Cafe.
Brunch will feature savory to sweet dishes in five key areas - breakfast and brunch pizza, sweets, bennys, burgers/sandwiches and entrees. Dishes continue Cinder's focus on putting an elevated twist on traditional bar foods. On top of the set menu, Chef will debut four brunch specials that will rotate by the month, including a sweet, pizza, benny and omelet.
Signature dishes include Smore's Oatmeal, French Toast Shooters, The Dagwood "mile high" breakfast burger, Croque Madame Pizza, Chicken and Biscuits, Shrimp and Grits, and more.
Cinder will feature three kinds of unique versions of eggs benedict:
- Steak - Carrot Slaw, Charred Bell Pepper Lime-Hollandaise tartufo
- Tartufo - Portabello, Shitakii, Porcini, Fontina Truffle-Hollandaise
- Cubano - Mojo Pork, Spicy Pickles, Dijon Orange-Hollandaise
All food and drink on Mother's Day will be pay-as-you-go! Weather pending, the windows will be open with a perfect view of the sidewalk scene in Rittenhouse neighborhood!
8) Dim Sum House
3939 Chestnut St
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Mother's Day Dim Sum
Dim Sum House offers unique experience for Mom with two types of Dim Sum service, complimentary tea, plus seating for large groups of families. Three talented chefs will show off their expertise in the kitchen with a menu that focuses on two authentic styles of Chinese dim sum (Shanghai and Cantonese), plus fried rice, noodles, chef specialties and familiar Chinese favorites. Seating is available for up to 20-30 people in five unique dining rooms. Complimentary chinese tea is available with each meal. Spring cocktails are available from the bar. For dessert, Dim Sum House debuts new local, small batch ice cream made in partnership with Zsa's. Reservations available on Opentable or by calling (215) 921-5377.