Inis Nua Theatre Company celebrates the start of their 12th season by presenting Hooked! by Gillian Grattan, from October 7-25, 2015. A dark comedy perfect for the Halloween season, Hooked! brings us a pretty little village where nothing is what it seems. The gossip, secrets and scandals will have you cringing and laughing. Hooked, ensnared, trapped…trick or treat, anyone? The show begins previews on October 7, opens on October 9, and runs for 16 performances through October 25, 2015. Times vary by performance. Hooked! is a site-specific presentation. All shows are upstairs at Fergie’s Pub, 1214 Sansom Street. Tickets are on sale for $25 and $30 by calling (215) 454-9776 or visiting inisnuatheatre.org.Read More
BRAT Productions, Philadelphia’s go-to source for rock 'n roll and theater hybrid performance events, kicks off their 20th season by producing The Lid during the 2015 Fringe Festival. This world premiere theatrical rock opera, written by emerging Philadelphia singer songwriter Pat Finnerty, features 14 originally penned British invasion songs. What’s underneath the lid? Will it change our mundane existence or be more of the same old same old? Find out on Friday September 4, 2015 at 9:00pm (featuring a special after party set by Philadelphia favorite Black Landlord); Saturday, September 5, 2015 at 11:00pm and Sunday, September 6, 2015 at 8:00pm. All performances will be held at the Underground Arts, 1200 Callowhill St, Philadelphia, PA. Tickets are on sale now for $20, or $15 for students and 25 and under, at www.fringearts.org (FringeArts members save 30%).Read More
Diner en Blanc Philadelphia dazzled the city by popping up on Thursday, August 21, 2014 at the secret location revealed to be the Avenue of the Arts. This year, it was a sea of white as far as the eye could see as 3,500 guests decked out in the hottest white fashions filled Broad Street from Pine and Chestnut Streets. Aversa PR and Events was proud to again be the official public relations company for the local installment of this pop-up picnic, viral movement and global phenomenon.
Special thanks to co-hosts Natanya DiBona and Kayli Moran for including us in one of the city's most memorable events. Their attention to detail, grand vision and love for our city produced an event that will never be forgotten. Congratulations also go out to the 100 volunteers that worked hard to ensure a picture perfect evening. Finally, special thanks to our entire PR team for 2014, including Lauryn Resotka, Gabbi Townsend, Eri Washington and Dash Sears.
They say a picture paints a thousand words. Indeed they do when it comes to a truly viral event! This year, thousands of gorgeous photos popped up around the globe on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instragram, Google+ and other platforms. Search for the official hashtag #DEBPHL14 as well as #dinerenblanc and #debphl. Thanks to our sister cities around the globe for sharing our images and all of your support!
For a recap of our favorite photos from the night, visit our official album below featuring breathtaking shots from Johanna Austin, Hughe Dillon, Charles Mosteller, Alessandra Nicole, Inna Race, Patrick Hagerty, and our staff photographers.
Now in its third year, Diner en Blanc Philadelphia continued to garner interest locally, nationally and internationally. Stories started to go viral 24 hours in advance of the event, and the event trended in Philadelphia for up to 48 hours. Over 100 news stories and mentions included 35 radio and television spots that reached millions of viewers and listeners. Print and online reach nearly doubled that of the year prior, with additional stories to come as we enter September.
For highlights of photo albums, visit the following:
- 6 ABC - Diner en Blanc 2014 in Philadelphia
- Al Dia - Diner en Blanc Takes Over Broad Street
- Mainline Times - Scenes from Diner en Blanc Philadelphia 2014
- NBC 10 - Foodies Enjoy Diner en Blanc
- Philadelphia Business Journal - Diner en Blanc Attracts 3,500 to Avenue of the Arts
- Philadelphia Magazine - G Philly - 22 #GayPhilly Dîner en Blanc Photos You Should See This Week
- Philadelphia Magazine - The Scene - Photos: Diner en Blanc Philadelphia 2014
- Philadelphia Magazine - Wedding - There Were Two Proposals at Philly’s Dîner en Blanc!
- Susan Scovill - 3,500 people attend Diner en Blanc’s dinner on Philadelphia’s South Broad Street
- Philly.com - Diner en Blanc Philadelphia 2014
- Racked Philly - 25 Photos of Jesus, Feather Boas at Last Night's Diner en Blanc Philadelphia
- WHYY Newsworks - Across the city, a 'Diner' for every taste
Special shout-out to Hugh Dillon from Philly Chit Chat for beautiful photos and great recap of the night's festivities:
- Philly Chit Chat - Did I Shoot You? My Diner en Blanc Links and a Few More Photos to Enjoy
Other highlights include the following - please let us know if we missed your favorite. Post any additional stories in the comments for our review.
- Ben FM - Woman of the Week with Natanya DiBona
- CBS Philly - Thousands Flock to Philadelphia's Diner en Blanc
- CBS Philly - Diner en Blanc Returns to Philadelphia This Week
- CBS Philly - Diner en Blanc Philadelphia Announces Date
- CBS Philly - Diner en Blanc to Return to Philadelphia in Summer 2014
- CBS KYW 1060 What's Cooking - Pop Up Picnic, Food Truck Festival and Casino Dining
- Daily News Philly Gossip - Celebrity Mentions at Diner en Blanc
- Eater - Shake Shack Turns Two , Diner en Blanc Sets a Date
- Eater - Diner en Blanc Registration Has Begun
- Her Philly - 5 Tips for a Fantastic Diner en Blanc
- Midtown Lunch Philadelphia - Profile Luncher: Kayli Moran
- PRowl Public Relations - PR and Diner en Blanc
- Philadelphia Business Journal - Diner en Blanc Philadelphia supports local economy
- Philadelphia Business Journal - Diner en Blanc Location Still Secret, But Its Impact on Philadelphia Business is Clear
- Philadelphia Business Journal - Project Runway winner designs dresses for Diner en Blanc
- Philadelphia Business Journal - Organizers respond to neighbors concerns
- Philadelphia Magazine - Foobooz - Diner en Blanc Returns to Philadelphia. Wait List Open NOW.
- Philadelphia Magazine - Foobooz - Win Two Free Tickets to Diner en Blanc… We’ll Even Throw In a Table and Chairs
- Philly 360 - We're Wearing White: Diner en Blanc Comes to Philly Tonight
- Philly.com Philly Insider - Diner en Blanc Sets a Date
- Philly.com Philly Insider - Win Admission to Diner en Blanc Philadelphia
- Philly.com Philly Insider - Get on the Wait List for Diner en Blanc
- Tinsel & Tine - Interview with Amber Cuff of Tulip Clothing Line
- Trend Hungry - Diner en Blanc - 9 Things I Learned
- Uwishunu - Pop Up Dinner Parties in Philadelphia This Thursday
- Uwishunu - Save the Date Pop Up Dinner Party Diner en Blanc Returns
- Yo Philly Foodies - White Hot Party of Summer
- Zagat Philly - Diner en Blanc Sets Date for Most Popular Pop-Up Ever
Leading up to the big day, Diner en Blanc Philadelphia dropped by local television studios for a special preview of the magic. Visit below for our favorite shots from the shoots on Fox 29's Good Day Philadelphia and CBS Philly.
The final destination wasn't the only surprise this year! Co-hosts tapped local talent to design one-of-a-kind fashions for a one-of-a-kind evening. Check out shots from the initial design consultation and subsequent fittings with Project Runway winner Dom Streater.
World Cup fever is about to sweep the globe! In anticipation, Philly Phaithful (737 N. 4th St) hosts a special launch party for the “World Cup Collection,” by Live Breathe Futbol. On Friday, May 23, 2014, from 7:00pm to 11:00pm, celebrate the greatest sporting event on the planet with new soccer and World-Cup inspired designs. Compete in a FIFA Tournament on the 16-foot projection wall, plus sip free beer and enjoy free snacks. Be the first to see the new designs before they launch to the public – plus save on both Live, Breathe, Futbol AND Philly Phaithful merchandise.
The following day, on Saturday, May 24th, Philly Phaithful teams up again with Live Breathe Futbol for a watch party for the UEFA Champions League Final. Starting at 2:00pm, catch Real Madrid vs. Atletico Madrid on the big 16-foot screen. Enjoy free beverages, including those with a Spanish twist. Enjoy a second chance to see the new World Cup designs before they launch to the public – plus save on both Live, Breathe, Futbol AND Philly Phaithful merchandise.
Admission for both events is free (21+), but RSVP is required at www.phillyphaithful.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or (888) 4PHAITH.
Philly Phaithful is a Northern Liberties-based business that specializes in originally designed Philadelphia sports apparel. We offer a wide array of unique designs catered to the Philadelphia sports fan and our line is featured in six stores throughout the region. Since our inception in 2008, we've launched a women's-only brand, Broad Street Broad and opened a Retail Showroom that regularly hosts viewing parties for games on a 16-ft HD screen. Our original shirts have been featured in ESPN the Magazine, Sports Illustrated and Comcast SportsNet, among others. We can be visited online at www.phillyphaithful.com or found on Facebook and Twitter. Real Fans Keep the Phaith.