Jingle Bars Christmas Bar Crawl will spread the holiday cheer this Saturday, December 22, 2018, from 12:00pm to 6:00pm. The most festive bar crawl of them all will give you a chance to celebrate the holidays one last time as some of Midtown Village, Center City and Rittenhouse's top bars and restaurants open their doors for an afternoon of Santa-approved festivities. Jingle Bars will begin with registration at Smokin' Betty's at 116 S. 11th Street and continue on to Tinsel Christmas Pop-up Bar, followed by newly opened Tradesman's, underground secret club Kontrol, decked from top-to-bottom BRU Craft & Wurst, underground beer club U-Bahn and others.Read More
Philadelphia-based public relations agency Aversa PR & Events is expanding! Join our fast-growing Philadelphia PR and social media firm as we work with the top events, neighborhoods, restaurants, stores and non-profits in the Philadelphia region (and beyond). Please see individual postings for requirements and application information.
PUBLIC RELATIONS COORDINATOR
Aversa PR & Events seeks an organized, creative and driven multi-tasker to assist with food, theater, culture, arts and neighborhood client accounts. We work with small business owners, entrepreneurs and nonprofit leaders that expect the best from us - including smart and creative results, on a budget, in a timely manner, with measurable results. We're seeking a professional with the following skills: press release research, writing and pitching; client account management; social media; media monitoring and tracking; finding speaking and awards lists and submission; festival and trade show coordination for clients; light event planning; photo shoot coordination; agency team activities. Ability to meet deadlines required.
Successful candidates will exhibit attention to detail, be excellent communicators, work well under pressure, have a sense of humor, be a team player and be able to generate award-winning messaging on the fly. Passion for PR and desire to wildly exceed client expectations is a must!
Seeking full-time candidate 35-40 hours, though we are open to considering other scenarios as well for half to three-quarter time.
Please submit a formal cover letter, resume and list of social media samples/handles to email@example.com. Applications will be considered incomplete without all three elements. No phone calls please. If you have applied in the past feel free to apply again for this new position.
SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR/MANAGER
Aversa PR & Events seeks a creative, motivated, organized individual with outstanding social media and writing skills to assist with food, theater, culture, arts and neighborhood client accounts. We work with small business owners, entrepreneurs and nonprofit leaders that expect the best from us - including smart and creative results, on a budget, in a timely manner, with measurable results. Candidates should be self-starters and be self-motivated - with a drive for exceeding expectations and a 'go big or go home' attitude. Seeing a candidate that is extremely creative and enjoys brainstorming to come up with unique, fun, informative approaches to social media.
- Research audience preferences and discover current trends.
- Creating and managing content and engagement for multiple social media accounts for select clients on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, LinkedIn.
- Create engaging text, image and video content.
- Take photographs for social media platforms and/or coordinate with photographers/clients.
- Developing and implementing Facebook and Twitter advertising campaigns.
- Developing promotional marketing campaigns for client events and products.
- Design posts to sustain readers’ curiosity and create buzz around new products.
- Measure web traffic and monitor SEO.
- Creating timelines and budgets, coordinating tasks, writing reports, and completing projects on deadline.
- Develop an optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic and customer engagement metrics.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness.
- Facilitate online conversations with customers and respond to queries.
- Report on online reviews and feedback from customers and fans.
- Oversee social media accounts’ layout.
- Suggest new ways to attract prospective customers, like promotions and competitions.
- Overseeing other PR/Marketing/Editorial projects as assigned.
- Proven work experience as a Social media coordinator
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms
- Ability to deliver and collaborate on creative content (text, image and video)
- Familiarity with online marketing strategies and marketing channels
- Ability to gasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively
- Strong writing, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Multitasking and analytical skills
- Dependable and able to meet deadlines
- Self-starter that can take leadership with little supervision
- Strong project management experience, handling changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Strong proofreading and editing skills
- Interest, experience and passion for all things social media and our clients' topics
- BS degree in Marketing, New media or relevant field
- Optional: In-depth knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
Hours: 20 to 40 hours per week, open to PT or FT
How to Apply: Please submit a formal cover letter, resume, list of social media samples/handles and salary range to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASSISTANT TO THE CEO/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Aversa PR & Events seeks a sharp, responsive, fast-paced, energetic, flexible and sharp administrative assistant for a quickly growing PR company and its CEO/PR entrepreneur. Duties will support work for food, theater, culture, arts and neighborhood client accounts. Agency and CEO works with small business owners, entrepreneurs and nonprofit leaders that expect the best from us - including smart and creative results, on a budget, in a timely manner, with measurable results. Candidates should be self-starters and be self-motivated - with a drive for exceeding expectations and a 'go big or go home' attitude. Seeing a candidate that is extremely creative and enjoys brainstorming to come up with unique, fun, informative approaches to social media.
PR CEO/entrepreneur seeks experienced executive/personal assistant to provide support to all areas of interest. Some personal support, as well as professional administrative support, is required. The position requires a self-starter with 24/7 mindset, excellent communication (both oral and written), organizational, problem solving, sharp attention to details, exquisite listen skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask constantly and quickly.
- Meeting the administrative support needs of CEO
- Plans, coordinates and manages CEO's schedule, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's time and office including Screening emails, phone calls
- Assists the CEO in focusing attention to key business priorities, Monitoring deadlines and outcomes
- Act as the liaison point between the CEO and other staff, to answer questions and resolve or refer concerns by proactively communicating those needs to the involved internal and external resources
- Work with clients to communicate important and timely messages, set up meetings, follow-up on tasks, create and communicate agendas, organize scheduling and other client-related duties
- Excellent word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Assistance with business development matters, including proposal template prep, proposal content and editing and delivery
- Aid in simple billing matters, simple account reconciliation, budget tracking and collection of payments
- Manage extensive calendars, business documents: contracts, expense reports, etc; Monitoring deadlines and outcomes
- Manage flow of information for PR projects and press releases
- Aid with special event coordination of select events for office and client
- Maintain office supplies and track expenses
- Aid with administrative support relating to PR duties
- Aid with fact checking, calls and confirmations about social media messaging
- Interest in PR, marketing, social media, tourism and hospitality strongly preferred
- A pro-active detailed oriented, tech-savvy professional operating with discretion and confidentiality is desired
- Constant ability to multi-task and change course at the speed of light
- Attention to detail and ability to listen and be intuitive to CEO, staff and client needs
- Sense of humor and professional can-do attitude while helping steer the ship
- Bachelor’s Degree required in related field to PR, marketing, hospitality or tourism - or other related field of coursework
- Proven work experience as admin or personal assistant, or cover letter and resume to support why you are the perfect candidate
- Interest, experience and passion for all things social media and our clients' topics
Hours: 20 to 40 hours per week, open to PT or FT
How to Apply: Please submit a formal cover letter about why you would make the perfect assistant, resume, and salary info to email@example.com. Open to experienced candidates as well as college students with ample hours and energy to provide, as well as cross-over candidates. Position could start as PT or temp and expand. Flexible and open to discussion.
PR AND SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
Aversa PR & Events seeks a motivated, mature and responsible intern to assist with our award-winning, unique and fun clients. You’ll gain experience in working to promote everything from theatre to cupcakes to circus arts and everything in between. Qualified candidates will have an understanding and some experience with social media, public relations and event planning. We seek someone that is creative, driven and detail-oriented with a good sense of humor. Excellent communications skills and a strong knowledge of social media are a must! Our agency works with small businesses, arts, hospitality and nonprofit clients and has the most interesting portfolio in the region. You will gain a great deal of knowledge and practical professional experience and enjoy some fun perks from those with whom we work. This internship can be full time or part time, but at least 12-15 hours per week. Start and end dates are flexible.
The successful candidate will have the following qualities/experience:
Strong written and verbal communications skills
Social media knowledge and presence
Attention to detail
Ability and desire to take initiative
Sense of humor
Willingness to learn
Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
Interest in and ability to attend and represent Aversa PR at events
Please submit resume, cover letter and social media handles/samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Complete applications only. For more about us, visit www.aversapr.com
PHOTO AND SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
Aversa PR & Events seeks a motivated, mature and responsible intern to assist with our award-winning, unique and fun clients. You’ll gain experience in working to promote everything from theatre to cupcakes to circus arts and everything in between. Qualified candidates will have an understanding and some experience with social media, public relations and event planning.
We seek someone that is creative, driven and detail-oriented with a good sense of humor. Excellent communications skills and a strong knowledge of social media are a must! Our agency works with small businesses, arts, hospitality and nonprofit clients and has the most interesting portfolio in the region.
You will gain a great deal of knowledge and practical professional experience and enjoy some fun perks from those with whom we work.
This Photography and Social Media Internship is new and the successful candidate should have their own camera and equipment. Specific responsibilities for this position include working with our staff on developing imagery and photography libraries for our clients, taking photos of food, festivals and fun around Philadelphia, working with staff to identify the difference of photography for various social media platforms, and working with our team on execution of photos on social media.
Please submit resume, cover letter and social media handles/photo samples to email@example.com. Complete applications only. For more about us, visit www.aversapr.com
Restaurants around the Philadelphia region are celebrating Dads this Father's Day with freebies, free food, deals, specials and events. Here is a round-up of ten of the best Father's Day in Philadelphia offers including free water ice, pizza, soup dumplings, Dan Dan noodles and root beer floats.Read More
The hoppiest day of the year in South Philly is back! Hawthornes Beer Cafe (738 S. 11th Street) presents the ninth edition of their popular IPA block party back again with sparkling surprises added to the mix. The 9th Annual IPA, Champagne and Rose Block Party on Saturday, May 12, 2018, from 12:00pm to 8:00pm will still bring you one of the city's best line-ups of IPAs for only $5.00 each, plus small batch champagnes and roses. Come out for one of South Philadelphia's largest spring block parties, with over 75 total selections of beer, champagne, rose, plus food from ten food trucks, live music, family fun and much more. The party will stretch from 11th and Fitzwater to 11th and Catharine. This all day, all ages event is free, open to the public, and dog friendly. Guests must be 21 and older to drink, with identification. For more information visit the event tab on Facebook.
East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District presents Flavors on the Avenue street festival on Sunday, April 29, 2018, from 11:00am to 5:00pm. The city’s first big restaurant festival of the spring will feature five blocks of street food, seasonal sips, craft beer, live music, sidewalk sales and free family fun – from Broad to Dickinson streets. Over twenty-four award-winning restaurants, cafes and bars will bring their signature cuisine outside under the blue skies. Craft beer, signature cocktails and wine will pour from select restaurants out on the street, as well as inside the new Founders Brewing Co. Tasting Tent. East Passyunk Flavors on the Avenue is free to attend and open to all ages. Food will be specially priced between $3.00 and $6.00 (average) and be pay-as-you-go from individual restaurants.Read More
Hop on down to South Street Headhouse District for some free, egg-citing family fun during the 87th annual Easter Promenade on Sunday, April 1, 2018. Come dressed in Sunday Best and parade down South Street in this grand and popular tradition that is the region's largest event on Easter Sunday. Master of ceremonies Henri David returns to lead the parade from the corner of Passyunk Avenue/South Street down to Headhouse Square (2nd Street) at 12:30pm. Enjoy Easter treats, live music from the Philadelphia Freedom Band, the Bunny Hop, Mr. and Mrs. Peter Cottontail and much more. Bring your camera and stick around to meet the Easter Bunny himself, and see who wins the best dressed contests! The parade itself kicks off at 12:30pm with judging until approximately 2:00pm.Read More
Christmas Village in Philadelphia announces the full guide for the 10th Anniversary season in Love Park starting on Thanksgiving Day, November 23. Click through for a complete media guide to the 2017 season at Love Park (1500 Arch Street, Philadelphia).Read More
South Street Headhouse District, in partnership with Queen Village Neighborhood Association and area businesses, is arranging a benefit event to raise funds to aid Bridget Foy’s displaced employees, Saved Me, Inc. animal rescue, and the American Red Cross/Red Paws. Community Dinner: Bridget Foy's Fire Relief Benefit will take place under the historic Headhouse Square Shambles on Wednesday, November 15, 2017, from 6:00pm to 9:00pm.Read More
Christmas Village in Baltimore will again transform West Shore Park (501 Light Street) into a traditional indoor and outdoor German Christmas Market, open between Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 23 and Christmas Eve, Sunday, December 24, 2017.Read More
Azuka Theatre kicks off their 18th season with the world premiere of The Gap by Emma Goidel. Rebecca Wright directs this dark comedy and mystery that centers around family secrets, performing, and sisterhood. Audiences will ask themselves, what's ultimately worse: forgetting or remembering? Presented in the Louis Bluver Theatre at The Drake, The Gap previews begin Wednesday, November 1, opens on Saturday, November 4 and runs through November 19, 2017. All tickets for The Gap and other shows this season are Pay What You Decide, whereas audience members see a show first, and pay what they decide after the performance. For additional information about the show, season and Pay What You Decide ticketing, please visit azukatheatre.org. Azuka’s production of The Gap is supported by Honorary Producers David & Linda Glickstein.