Nick’s Roast Beef in Old City (16 South 2nd Street) announces the return of the 2nd Annual Bacon and Beer Fest on Saturday, October 4, 2014, from 4:00pm to 8:00pm. Bacon lovers will enjoy all new bacon-centric dishes, early fall beer releases, an appearance by Piggy Pat and other surprises. Must-try dishes will include the Bloody Mary Ground Bacon Burger, Warm Bacon Salad, Bacon Crusted Cheesecake, Pumpkin Bacon Chocolate Brownies and more. All dishes and pairings are pay-as-you-go. Admission is free, 21 and up to drink. For more information, call (215) 928-9411, visit nicksoldcity.com, Nick’s Roast Beef Bar and Grille on Facebook, or @nicksoldcity on Twitter.
The 2nd Annual Bacon and Beer Fest will pair an all-bacon menu with four early fall beer releases. The menu starts with the Zagat’s #1 burger in Philadelphia, the Ground Bacon Burger with a house-blend of 35% ground bacon with 65% ground beef, served on a brioche roll, with lettuce and tomato and pickle chips on the side. Varieties will include:
* Ground Bacon Slider Assortment (with Bloody Mary, Bacon Bacon, Southwest and Classic) $15.00
* Bloody Mary Ground Bacon Burger (with bloody mary ketchup, blue cheese, green olives, celery shavings, black pepper) $9.50
* Bacon Bacon Ground Bacon Burger (with applewood bacon and apple onion jam) $9.50
* Breakfast Ground Bacon Burger (topped with fried egg and American cheese) $9.50
* South Philly Ground Bacon Burger (topped with sharp provolone and long hots) $9.00
* Southwestern Ground Bacon Burger (topped with fried pickles, house-made salsa, jalapeño slices and pepperjack cheese) $9.00
* Classic Ground Bacon Burger (with American cheese, lettuce and tomato) $8.50
* Ground Bacon Burger (with lettuce and tomato) $8.00
Other must-try sweet and savory dishes will include:
* Bacon Deviled Eggs (featuring special blend of bacon, chipotle and jalapeno) $8.00
* Bacon Nachos (corn chips with crumbled bacon, cheese whiz, black olives, lettuce, tomato and sliced jalapenos) $10.00
* Bacon Wrapped Shrimp (featuring pecan smoked bacon with cherry pepper aioli) $12.00
* Spinach Salad (featuring crumbled bacon and blue cheese, hot bacon dressing and hard boiled egg) $9.00
* Bacon Crusted Cheesecake (topped with caramelized apples, rosemary and garlic) $6.00
* Pumpkin Bacon Brownies (chocolate fudge brownies with cherrywood smoked bacon and pumpkin cheesecake, with bacon crumble on top) $6.00
For the perfect pairing, match your favorite bacon dish with:
* Prism Chocolate Bacon Stoudt $6.00
* Pennsylvania Brewing Company Pumpkin Roll Ale $6.00
* Flying Fish Oktoberfest $6.00
* Flight of Hoegaarden Stella Artois and Leffe Blond $12.00
The standard daily food and drink menu will also be available. “Piggy Pat” stuffed pig will be outside taking hog-wild selfies. Admission is free and open to the public. Food and drink are pay-as-you-go. Guests must be 21 and older to drink, with identification. For more information, call (215) 928-9411, visit nicksoldcity.com, Nick’s Roast Beef Bar and Grille on Facebook, or @nicksoldcity on Twitter.
ABOUT NICK’S ROAST BEEF
Nick’s Roast Beef in Old City, established in 1969, is “the” neighborhood corner bar of Philadelphia. In 2012, bartender-turned-owner Joseph Schultice hung up most of his infamous shorts and trimmed his signature long hair to usher in a new era for the long-time Old City staple. Today, Nick’s continues to serve as a laid back and friendly alternative to neighboring uber sexy clubs and upscale fine dining restaurants. The staff are always ready to greet you with a smile and a great story. People come to Nick’s for great conversation, fun times, fresh food and unbeatable value.
By day, the $6.95 lunch special attracts the local business community, tourist families and future entrepreneurs. By night and on weekends, food specials in the dining room and games in the bar attract sports fans, students, locals and long-time regulars. No matter who you are, what you do or what you are wearing, Nick’s has something for everyone.