East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District (EPABID) celebrates summer with a full line up of shopping, strolling, sipping and styles during July Second Saturday, on Saturday, July 13, 2013. Retailers have organized the largest mid-summer line up ever for this monthly retail event. Highlights include opening weekend of Garage, men's and women's clothing sales at Metro Men's and N.R.S. Boutique, children’s clothing sale at A Star is Born, five year anniversary party at B2, Sweet Jane Vintage Pop-Up at Lucky 13, free Orangecello snow cones at Pollyodd and art receptions at Nice Things Handmade, Lucky 13, South Philly Comics and B2. Complete details for all events are listed below. Hours vary by location. For more information, visit www.visiteastpassyunk.com, follow @epassyunkave or call (215) 336-1455.
- A Star is Born (1821 EPA) - Huge summer sale on baby, toddler and kids dresses and more. 11am-6pm
- Addiction Boutique (1713 South 12th Street) - 20% off and complimentary refreshments. 11am-8pm
- B2 (1500 EPA) - 5 year anniversary party with an art sale benefiting Jackson Elementary School. 6-8pm
- Bottle Shop (1837 EPA) - Free Sly Fox Brewery Beer sampling. 4-6pm
- Cloth (1605 EPA) - The play area and changing room/nursing area as open all day, and there will be quick snacks for adults and kids. Extended hours through 8pm
- Coco Lu's (1935 EPA) - 20% off all clothing and accessories. 11am-4pm
- Frame Fatale (1813 EPA) – 10% off custom framing all day! 12-6pm
- Garage (1231 EPA) - Opening weekend at East Passyun's newest bar and restaurant, with billiards, skee-ball, pinball, billiards and cold beer.
- Headhunters Hair Studio (1718 EPA) - Buy one get one products and jewelry + enter to win $50 gift certificate
- HOME | a furnishings boutique (1815 EPA) - First day of SUMMER CLEARANCE. Further markdowns on current sale items with much more added to sale including candles, furniture, etc. 12-8pm
- Lucky 13 (1820 S 13th Street) - Sweet Jane Vintage Pop-Up with opening reception for artist Colin Holloway and hand crafted sterling & stone jewelry from Bad Panda Jewelry (www.badpandajewelry.com) and drink specials! 1-5pm
- Metro Mens (1615 EPA) will be serving Lime Ricky's along with 25% off Shorts, Polos & Swimwear. 30% off Linen & Seersucker Jackets & Pants. 11:30am-9pm
- Ms Goody Cupcake (1838 EPA) - Buy one get one free on everything in the store including cupcakes, cookies, brownies, cake shakes, cake truffles and drinks. 11am-4pm
- Nice Things Handmade (1731 EPA) - Opening reception for local artist Beth Richey who will be showing paintings of mandalas; refreshments will be served. 6-10pm
- N.R.S. Boutique (1822 EPA) - Entire store 20% off including swimwear and accessories. 11:30am-9pm
- Occasionette (1825 EPA) - Shoppers will receive a free reusable Boathouse Row tote bag with their purchase the weekend of Second Saturday (while supplies last!). Friday 12-9pm and Saturday 11am-9pm
- Pollyodd (1908 EPA) - Free tasting of Orangecello snow cones by Philadelphia's own limoncello distiller. 5-7pm
- South Philly Comics (1840 EPA) - Johanna Stull's gorgeous Mojo Licious Art will fill South Philly Comics, with a little bit of food and beverage. 7-9pm
TEASER FOR AUGUST:
During August Second Saturday, on Saturday, August 10, 2013, the 3rd Annual Phreak n Queer Arts & Music Festival brings a flurry of art receptions and showings at Aversa PR & Events, Frame Fatale, Headhunters Designs, Home, Nice Things Handmade, Occasionette and South Philly Comics. Some of the talented artists to be featured are Maggie Boccella, Kelly A. Burkhardt, Butch Cordora, Lance Pawling, Liberty City Kings photographed by Leah MacDonald, and Tracy Levesque. Stay tuned for more details and other events to be announced.