Philadelphia's new ultimate sports bar and nightclub Stats on 17th announces its grand opening in Rittenhouse this weekend in time for Eagles season. Doors will officially open to the public on Thursday, September 6, 2018 at 4:00pm. Grand opening festivities all weekend will include a viewing party for the Eagles home opener against the Atlanta Falcons on Thursday night, with kick-off at 8:20pm. Friday and Saturday night will feature the areas top DJs and entertainment at 10:00pm. Stats Sundays will make their debut with game day action, DJs, entertainment, drink specials and more starting at 3:00pm. Stats on 17th is now taking reservations for tables, bottle service and private events by calling 215-309-3080 or visiting statson17.com.Read More
Philadelphia Honey Festival buzzes into fall on September 7, 8 and 9 2018, at Glen Foerd on the Delaware, Wyck Historic House and Bartram’s Garden. This annual event, organized by the Philadelphia Beekeepers Guild, celebrates nine years and works to raise awareness about the importance of honey bees to the environment, the food supply and the economy, and to celebrate urban beekeeping and gardening.Read More
Philadelphia-based public relations agency Aversa PR & Events is expanding! Join our fast-growing Philadelphia PR and social media firm as we work with the top events, neighborhoods, restaurants, stores and non-profits in the Philadelphia region (and beyond). Please see individual postings for requirements and application information.
PUBLIC RELATIONS COORDINATOR
Aversa PR & Events seeks an organized, creative and driven multi-tasker to assist with food, theater, culture, arts and neighborhood client accounts. We work with small business owners, entrepreneurs and nonprofit leaders that expect the best from us - including smart and creative results, on a budget, in a timely manner, with measurable results. We're seeking a professional with the following skills: press release research, writing and pitching; client account management; social media; media monitoring and tracking; finding speaking and awards lists and submission; festival and trade show coordination for clients; light event planning; photo shoot coordination; agency team activities. Ability to meet deadlines required.
Successful candidates will exhibit attention to detail, be excellent communicators, work well under pressure, have a sense of humor, be a team player and be able to generate award-winning messaging on the fly. Passion for PR and desire to wildly exceed client expectations is a must!
Seeking full-time candidate 35-40 hours, though we are open to considering other scenarios as well for half to three-quarter time.
Please submit a formal cover letter, resume and list of social media samples/handles to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered incomplete without all three elements. No phone calls please. If you have applied in the past feel free to apply again for this new position.
SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR/MANAGER
Aversa PR & Events seeks a creative, motivated, organized individual with outstanding social media and writing skills to assist with food, theater, culture, arts and neighborhood client accounts. We work with small business owners, entrepreneurs and nonprofit leaders that expect the best from us - including smart and creative results, on a budget, in a timely manner, with measurable results. Candidates should be self-starters and be self-motivated - with a drive for exceeding expectations and a 'go big or go home' attitude. Seeing a candidate that is extremely creative and enjoys brainstorming to come up with unique, fun, informative approaches to social media.
- Research audience preferences and discover current trends.
- Creating and managing content and engagement for multiple social media accounts for select clients on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, LinkedIn.
- Create engaging text, image and video content.
- Take photographs for social media platforms and/or coordinate with photographers/clients.
- Developing and implementing Facebook and Twitter advertising campaigns.
- Developing promotional marketing campaigns for client events and products.
- Design posts to sustain readers’ curiosity and create buzz around new products.
- Measure web traffic and monitor SEO.
- Creating timelines and budgets, coordinating tasks, writing reports, and completing projects on deadline.
- Develop an optimal posting schedule, considering web traffic and customer engagement metrics.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in all social platforms ensuring maximum effectiveness.
- Facilitate online conversations with customers and respond to queries.
- Report on online reviews and feedback from customers and fans.
- Oversee social media accounts’ layout.
- Suggest new ways to attract prospective customers, like promotions and competitions.
- Overseeing other PR/Marketing/Editorial projects as assigned.
- Proven work experience as a Social media coordinator
- Expertise in multiple social media platforms
- Ability to deliver and collaborate on creative content (text, image and video)
- Familiarity with online marketing strategies and marketing channels
- Ability to gasp future trends in digital technologies and act proactively
- Strong writing, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Multitasking and analytical skills
- Dependable and able to meet deadlines
- Self-starter that can take leadership with little supervision
- Strong project management experience, handling changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Strong proofreading and editing skills
- Interest, experience and passion for all things social media and our clients' topics
- BS degree in Marketing, New media or relevant field
- Optional: In-depth knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
Hours: 20 to 40 hours per week, open to PT or FT
How to Apply: Please submit a formal cover letter, resume, list of social media samples/handles and salary range to email@example.com.
ASSISTANT TO THE CEO/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Aversa PR & Events seeks a sharp, responsive, fast-paced, energetic, flexible and sharp administrative assistant for a quickly growing PR company and its CEO/PR entrepreneur. Duties will support work for food, theater, culture, arts and neighborhood client accounts. Agency and CEO works with small business owners, entrepreneurs and nonprofit leaders that expect the best from us - including smart and creative results, on a budget, in a timely manner, with measurable results. Candidates should be self-starters and be self-motivated - with a drive for exceeding expectations and a 'go big or go home' attitude. Seeing a candidate that is extremely creative and enjoys brainstorming to come up with unique, fun, informative approaches to social media.
PR CEO/entrepreneur seeks experienced executive/personal assistant to provide support to all areas of interest. Some personal support, as well as professional administrative support, is required. The position requires a self-starter with 24/7 mindset, excellent communication (both oral and written), organizational, problem solving, sharp attention to details, exquisite listen skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask constantly and quickly.
- Meeting the administrative support needs of CEO
- Plans, coordinates and manages CEO's schedule, creating win-win situations for direct access to the CEO's time and office including Screening emails, phone calls
- Assists the CEO in focusing attention to key business priorities, Monitoring deadlines and outcomes
- Act as the liaison point between the CEO and other staff, to answer questions and resolve or refer concerns by proactively communicating those needs to the involved internal and external resources
- Work with clients to communicate important and timely messages, set up meetings, follow-up on tasks, create and communicate agendas, organize scheduling and other client-related duties
- Excellent word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Assistance with business development matters, including proposal template prep, proposal content and editing and delivery
- Aid in simple billing matters, simple account reconciliation, budget tracking and collection of payments
- Manage extensive calendars, business documents: contracts, expense reports, etc; Monitoring deadlines and outcomes
- Manage flow of information for PR projects and press releases
- Aid with special event coordination of select events for office and client
- Maintain office supplies and track expenses
- Aid with administrative support relating to PR duties
- Aid with fact checking, calls and confirmations about social media messaging
- Interest in PR, marketing, social media, tourism and hospitality strongly preferred
- A pro-active detailed oriented, tech-savvy professional operating with discretion and confidentiality is desired
- Constant ability to multi-task and change course at the speed of light
- Attention to detail and ability to listen and be intuitive to CEO, staff and client needs
- Sense of humor and professional can-do attitude while helping steer the ship
- Bachelor’s Degree required in related field to PR, marketing, hospitality or tourism - or other related field of coursework
- Proven work experience as admin or personal assistant, or cover letter and resume to support why you are the perfect candidate
- Interest, experience and passion for all things social media and our clients' topics
Hours: 20 to 40 hours per week, open to PT or FT
How to Apply: Please submit a formal cover letter about why you would make the perfect assistant, resume, and salary info to firstname.lastname@example.org. Open to experienced candidates as well as college students with ample hours and energy to provide, as well as cross-over candidates. Position could start as PT or temp and expand. Flexible and open to discussion.
PR AND SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
Aversa PR & Events seeks a motivated, mature and responsible intern to assist with our award-winning, unique and fun clients. You’ll gain experience in working to promote everything from theatre to cupcakes to circus arts and everything in between. Qualified candidates will have an understanding and some experience with social media, public relations and event planning. We seek someone that is creative, driven and detail-oriented with a good sense of humor. Excellent communications skills and a strong knowledge of social media are a must! Our agency works with small businesses, arts, hospitality and nonprofit clients and has the most interesting portfolio in the region. You will gain a great deal of knowledge and practical professional experience and enjoy some fun perks from those with whom we work. This internship can be full time or part time, but at least 12-15 hours per week. Start and end dates are flexible.
The successful candidate will have the following qualities/experience:
Strong written and verbal communications skills
Social media knowledge and presence
Attention to detail
Ability and desire to take initiative
Sense of humor
Willingness to learn
Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
Interest in and ability to attend and represent Aversa PR at events
Please submit resume, cover letter and social media handles/samples to email@example.com. Complete applications only. For more about us, visit www.aversapr.com
PHOTO AND SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN
Aversa PR & Events seeks a motivated, mature and responsible intern to assist with our award-winning, unique and fun clients. You’ll gain experience in working to promote everything from theatre to cupcakes to circus arts and everything in between. Qualified candidates will have an understanding and some experience with social media, public relations and event planning.
We seek someone that is creative, driven and detail-oriented with a good sense of humor. Excellent communications skills and a strong knowledge of social media are a must! Our agency works with small businesses, arts, hospitality and nonprofit clients and has the most interesting portfolio in the region.
You will gain a great deal of knowledge and practical professional experience and enjoy some fun perks from those with whom we work.
This Photography and Social Media Internship is new and the successful candidate should have their own camera and equipment. Specific responsibilities for this position include working with our staff on developing imagery and photography libraries for our clients, taking photos of food, festivals and fun around Philadelphia, working with staff to identify the difference of photography for various social media platforms, and working with our team on execution of photos on social media.
Please submit resume, cover letter and social media handles/photo samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Complete applications only. For more about us, visit www.aversapr.com
Celebrate your freedom to fly! Philadelphia School of Circus Arts announces the grand opening of Philadelphia Flying Trapeze. Philadelphia's only permanent outdoor flying trapeze school will offer two-hour outdoor flying trapeze lessons at Circus Campus, 6452 Greene Street in West Mt. Airy - conveniently directly next to the Upsal SEPTA Station. The first lessons take flight this weekend as a preview, with the official grand opening set for Thursday, August 16, 2018 at 10:30am.Read More
East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District (EPABID) is revving up for the 13th Annual Car Show and Street Festival presented by Jefferson Health Methodist Hospital on Sunday, July 29, 2018, from 11:00am to 4:00pm, on EPA between Broad and Dickinson streets. Look for nearly 175+ muscle, classic, antique, custom and show cars, trucks and motorcycles will line the Avenue, with street vendors, circus performances, rack sales, kids’ activities, live music and the Bang! Boom! CRAFT! Show in between. Wine and dine among the cars as award-winning restaurants and food trucks serve specially priced street food and summertime drinks. Admission is FREE for attendees and $20 for cars. Check-in for cars is moved up this year to 8:00am to 11:00 am. The event's rain date is Sunday, August 5, 2018. For information, visitwww.visiteastpassyunk.com, tweet at @epassyunkave and follow #passyunkcarshow.Read More
Restaurants around the Philadelphia region are celebrating Dads this Father's Day with freebies, free food, deals, specials and events. Here is a round-up of ten of the best Father's Day in Philadelphia offers including free water ice, pizza, soup dumplings, Dan Dan noodles and root beer floats.Read More
The hoppiest day of the year in South Philly is back! Hawthornes Beer Cafe (738 S. 11th Street) presents the ninth edition of their popular IPA block party back again with sparkling surprises added to the mix. The 9th Annual IPA, Champagne and Rose Block Party on Saturday, May 12, 2018, from 12:00pm to 8:00pm will still bring you one of the city's best line-ups of IPAs for only $5.00 each, plus small batch champagnes and roses. Come out for one of South Philadelphia's largest spring block parties, with over 75 total selections of beer, champagne, rose, plus food from ten food trucks, live music, family fun and much more. The party will stretch from 11th and Fitzwater to 11th and Catharine. This all day, all ages event is free, open to the public, and dog friendly. Guests must be 21 and older to drink, with identification. For more information visit the event tab on Facebook.
East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District presents Flavors on the Avenue street festival on Sunday, April 29, 2018, from 11:00am to 5:00pm. The city’s first big restaurant festival of the spring will feature five blocks of street food, seasonal sips, craft beer, live music, sidewalk sales and free family fun – from Broad to Dickinson streets. Over twenty-four award-winning restaurants, cafes and bars will bring their signature cuisine outside under the blue skies. Craft beer, signature cocktails and wine will pour from select restaurants out on the street, as well as inside the new Founders Brewing Co. Tasting Tent. East Passyunk Flavors on the Avenue is free to attend and open to all ages. Food will be specially priced between $3.00 and $6.00 (average) and be pay-as-you-go from individual restaurants.Read More
Mad Rex Restaurant and VR Lounge (1000 Frankford Ave) announces the debut of the "Hour After Happy Hour" designed to celebrate the hour after the end of the world. The world’s first post-apocalypse themed restaurant and virtual reality lounge has fired up a full menu of new dishes and happy hour exclusives designed around Mad Rex's unique theme. New dishes will start at $3 and include Rex Ribs, Chicken Wings (three styles), Grilled Black Rice, Foragers Flatbread, Pig Wings, Chicharron and Lamb Merguez Hot Rock. The Lamb is the newest black rocking dining option - where patrons will fire up their meat on a black lava rock coming out of the oven at 700 degrees and arriving table side at 500 degrees. On the bar side, survivors get ready to raise a glass with drink specials starting at $2 and include the exclusive Mad Rex IPA designed with Blueprint Brewing Company. Other drink specials also include $4 off camel bags that are served on IV racks to allow patron's hand to be free up during their time in the virtual reality lounge. Happy Hour will run weekdays, Monday through Friday, from 4:30pm to 6:30pm, and include free virtual reality with any happy hour purchase.Read More
FUEL (http://fuelrechargeyourself.com) announces exciting changes that will make for a faster, fresher and healthier dining experience - all for under $10! Starting this week, Fuellocations (University City, Center City, East Passyunk) will debut 17 new menu additions with all options now being priced for $10 or less. With these additions comes faster service, fresher ingredients and innovative dishes; including the debut of acai bowls, a Tahini smoothie, Toast Boxes, and special menu items by celebrity chef Brian Duffy (of Bar Rescue). Facial recognition ordering kiosks are now installed at the University City and Center City FUEL locations, allowing customers quicker ordering which is key during busy lunch rushes. The kiosks will use facial recognition to identify customers and pull up past orders, allow for credit card ordering and provide visual images of all dishes in one swipe.Read More